Anyone shooting .458 SOCOM??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$3 a round? Sheesh, my .50 Beowulf ammo is just a bit over a $1 a round for factory ammo.
That is why the gun will only come out for hog hunts... For fun I will stay with 5.56 or my .22 belt fed gun. I am getting to the point where I only like belt guns now days. I am fixing to do a AR 5.56 with some kind of belt upper and a HK Clone Belt gun.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was going to ask the same. I've not been around one suppressed, but had a couple of guys tell me that the SOCOM was a hard round to suppress efficiently...................they seemed to know more than me, so I said Ok, lol.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot one at a suppressor shoot, which is why I ordered mine. They suppress very well actually. It's on a 10" SBR, so it doesn't make it that long. I also have a thread insert for my Beowulf, but that one is not an SBR. I am going to load up some heavy subsonics and try it out in the next week or so. I know how supers sound, but haven't run the subs. The can has a lot of volume and is about 1.75" in diameter.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of 500gr sub ammo for mine. I need to talk to Kelly at Kyle Armament and set up a time to go shoot with the can to try it out until my stamp comes in. The sub ammo is supposed to be really quiet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom