Anyone want to chip in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well....dang. Too rich for my blood. The 700AHR and the 600 Maximum are out. I figure with all the fees that they went about 10,750 and 8500.

dang.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a nilgai is bigger than a giant hog, but I was pretty amazed at this video. Tough animals.

Nilgai are considered vermin in S Tx. No closed season, shoot on sight. So many have escaped high fence ranches and breed like crazy interfering with whitetail.
Tx fish and game shoot them from helicopters.
About three years ago I posted a pic of a gut shot nelgai we found stuck in a river feeding Laguna Madre by South Padre island. Tx fish and game told us to let nature run its course after a call to them.
Captain of our boat has a lease near there telling us they shoot two or three a year. The meat is excellent he said.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nilgai are considered vermin in S Tx. No closed season, shoot on sight. So many have escaped high fence ranches and breed like crazy interfering with whitetail.
Tx fish and game shoot them from helicopters.
About three years ago I posted a pic of a gut shot nelgai we found stuck in a river feeding Laguna Madre by South Padre island. Tx fish and game told us to let nature run its course after a call to them.
Captain of our boat has a lease near there telling us they shoot two or three a year. The meat is excellent he said.
Yes I've eaten it, makes whitetail seem rancid lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom