Anyone willing to bite on this deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A person can come damn close to this price by going to FBT.... I am guessing that when you add shipping and the cost of the FFL you might come out a few $$ ahead going to FBT.

If FBT would build it, add a case and magazine for that price, then I would more likely buy it from them.
http://fatboytactical.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=497
http://fatboytactical.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=411

of course you would have to build it yourself... but that is part of the fun.

So $505 plus tax?

That would be around $550 if you picked it up at the store.

I live 1.5 hours from there, so by the time I factor in gas and drive time, plus building the gun, which is not something I really want to do...I think the Classic Arms deal would be better for me.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So $505 plus tax?

That would be around $550 if you picked it up at the store.

I live 1.5 hours from there, so by the time I factor in gas and drive time, plus building the gun, which is not something I really want to do...I think the Classic Arms deal would be better for me.

its a close run.... but yeah.. when you add a case and a mag... you probably come out ahead... plus there is that cool bear on the side.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It says this in the product description:

The barrels on these are made from 4140 cold rolled steel and are rated at a barrel life of approximately 150,000 rounds. They are very top end.

They are not chrome lined as most AR-'s are not. Chrome lining on modern rifles is typically used where there is a high probability of corrosive ammo being used such as AK type rifles chambered for foreign calibers...

Since chrome lining may slightly affect accuracy, and since most AR-15 rifles are designed with accuracy as a benchmark,
and since virtually all .223 / 5.56 NATO is non corrosive...most AR manufacturers do not chrome line barrels.

150,000 rounds my ass. That is Rijas-level BS.

I like how they try to make it look like skimping on the barrel steel grade and not chrome lining are positive features.

Latest posts

Top Bottom