Anyone willing to bite on this deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I can flat out say I am happy with the AR 15s I put together with goods from FBT. I put a couple together at a total cost of $527 each without a case.

If that includes tax, shipping, and a magazine, that's a pretty sweet deal.

So all that is needed is assembly and a case, if needed.

How do the specs on the BCA compare to the FBT version that you built?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The JSE uppers FBT sells have nitrided barrels, and I believe they use 4150 steel instead of 4140. Also they have mil spec BCGs, whereas who knows WTF they're putting in these BCAs. The nitriding by itself would be well worth any price difference. That pretty much triples the life of the barrel, among other benefits.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The JSE uppers FBT sells have nitrided barrels, and I believe they use 4150 steel instead of 4140. Also they have mil spec BCGs, whereas who knows WTF they're putting in these BCAs. The nitriding by itself would be well worth any price difference. That pretty much triples the life of the barrel, among other benefits.

What he said. I have a stash of mags of Pmags that were $10 each. Assembly was just a little time. Yep my prices were actually averaged for 2 builds because I did 1 that was a flat top with standard front grip and I did one flat top with 4 rail. I was in on a group buy that made shipping on the lowers I ordered as a buck and change. One FFL fee for all lowers, so they cost was small per unit. Uppers were shipped together for flat $10 dollar shipping.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I agree that the nitrided barrel is a big plus.

Sooo...would it be fair to say that the FBT version, if it included assembly, case, and mag, would cost about $150 more, and for that price difference you are getting basically the same rifle except with a nitrided barrel?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the nitrided barrel is a big plus.

Sooo...would it be fair to say that the FBT version, if it included assembly, case, and mag, would cost about $150 more, and for that price difference you are getting basically the same rifle except with a nitrided barrel?

How much are you thinking the case is worth? I built 2 FBT guns that averaged out $527 without a case. The BCA package is 499.99 plus shipping and FFL transfer and only thing extra is case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom