Appendix carry is retarded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you need to take some classes and you might learn how much you don't know.

Anyone want to tell me how this man (whom is obviously not slim) can't carry or that his method of carry is wrong? How would you feel going up against him and a timer?
Holy crap! Lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! Some saying body type doesn't matter. Right. Body type absolutely matters. Yeah some people will carry in a manner because they like it but may not be the most comfortable. There can be a very big difference in body shape when comparing at guys who is 6'3" 300 lbs and a guy who is 5'10' 300 lbs. The more gut you have hanging over your belt the less likely you will or can carry AIWB. Sitting down, say in your car, becomes a whole other level of problem. The guy in the video a few pages back looks to be a bigger guy but he also looks to carry a lot of his weight up high and then when yo use him lift his shirt to draw he belt or sweats look to be sagging where the holster is riding. Cinch that **** up and see how it feels. In the end, many instructors will recommend pulling the holster out to reholster your pistol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm at 200lbs and 6'. I carry IWB all the time pretty comfortable but never in a vehicle.
Once my body is bent, it's uncomfortable and hard to access and draw the pistol. I keep an identical holster in the map pocket, move the pistol from the waist into the map pocket where it's easily drawn. I've posted pics in another thread of how I do that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! Some saying body type doesn't matter. Right. Body type absolutely matters. Yeah some people will carry in a manner because they like it but may not be the most comfortable. There can be a very big difference in body shape when comparing at guys who is 6'3" 300 lbs and a guy who is 5'10' 300 lbs. The more gut you have hanging over your belt the less likely you will or can carry AIWB. Sitting down, say in your car, becomes a whole other level of problem. The guy in the video a few pages back looks to be a bigger guy but he also looks to carry a lot of his weight up high and then when yo use him lift his shirt to draw he belt or sweats look to be sagging where the holster is riding. Cinch that **** up and see how it feels. In the end, many instructors will recommend pulling the holster out to reholster your pistol.

I think the notion that people are relaying is that it's not completely restrictive in a vast majority of cases EVEN if you are a big guy. Whereas previously it was though you had to be skinny as a rail and in perfect shape to AIWB carry. There are videos all over youtube of bigger guys carrying full size guns this way so the guy I posted is not alone. We just happened to have him here in Ok and it's a bonus for sure.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at 200lbs and 6'. I carry IWB all the time pretty comfortable but never in a vehicle.
Once my body is bent, it's uncomfortable and hard to access and draw the pistol. I keep an identical holster in the map pocket, move the pistol from the waist into the map pocket where it's easily drawn. I've posted pics in another thread of how I do that.
Ankle holster is where it's at for driving. Or you could jury rig up a car holster

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom