Applying for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiecgc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been sitting on this for over a year and finally am about to complete. I have the packet filled out and getting photos taken later today. I have a couple of questions:

Has anyone paid their application fee using credit card? I ask because the instructor told us to get a money order.

Is the finger printing fee still $25?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been sitting on this for over a year and finally am about to complete. I have the packet filled out and getting photos taken later today. I have a couple of questions:

Has anyone paid their application fee using credit card? I ask because the instructor told us to get a money order. Credit card works fine for OSBI fee

Is the finger printing fee still $25? Local option; ask your local office

I greatly appreciate your help.

Your local sheriff's office will take your fingerprints and forward the application. Check with them for when they do CHL prints.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy just did it and paid cash. I dont know exactly what forms of payment are accepted where but I would assume they said money order only because that's the one thing everywhere is guaranteed to accept.

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
profile shows you live in Bixby...in Tulsa county? If so, the tulsa county sheriffs office DOES NOT take cash for fingerprints or photos. I believe they only accept checks. As for OSBI, they DO accept credit/debit cards for their portion of the fees. (100 for 5yr license, 200 for 10yr license). I turned my app in on Friday April 20th, OSBI charged my debit card the following Friday April 27th and I received my license Thursday July 12th.

Its a long wait currently. I hope that helps you out. You can always call TCSO at (918) 596-5601 if you have any questions.

okiecgc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all. I spoke to the Tulsa County Sheriffs office earlier and they accept cashier checks or personal checks. $25 fee for background and finger printing. They also take photos if needed for an additional $10.
Again I appreciate everyone's input. I will be applying tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom