AR-15 Slings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a link for the Vickers for the best price? I am looking at them, and don't know what direction to go. To be honest, I have a GI web sling on mine now, like it OK for use, just would like a new toy .......

I just get mine right from Blue Force Gear dot com...more options and colors available than some of the middle men. They aren't cheap, but it's the last sling you'll buy for a long time, maybe ever.

If you have QD mounts on your gun, you can get the sewn in QD swivels and be done. I also spent a few more dollars and got the aluminum slider verses the plastic one for all mine.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Single points suck if you plan to do more than just stand there with your thumb up your ass. Start running and you gotta hold your rifle or it will make your nuts black and blue. I run a VTAC on my rifle and shotgun.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Misc_Meme_69076f7b.jpg

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Single points suck if you plan to do more than just stand there with your thumb up your ass. Start running and you gotta hold your rifle or it will make your nuts black and blue. I run a VTAC on my rifle and shotgun.

True, but if you're like me, you like to have your rifle secured, in your hands, ready to roll when you need to. My rifle has a QD mount to make it a 2 pt if needed also. Eh, maybe you're right, but until I find that I need something different, the MS2 and ASAP work swell for me!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used the MS2/ASAP in the past and thought it was a good setup. I dislike its QD pin when you're trying to put it back together (it almost requires a third hand to put that pin back in) and I always run my single-points snugged up to my chest pretty tight, so I disconnect the sling from the rifle instead of slipping the sling off and on.

Other than that, I thought it was a good single-point (I don't have a lot of experience with single-points). Strong/weak transitions were easy, it was convenient enough once it was on me, etc.

I use my guns more for hiking/hunting, so I've typically used a two point setup. I've got a VTAC on my son's AR and its nice because it will cinch down way further than the padded Vickers/Blue-Force.

I run Blue-Force slings on both my bolt-gun and my two ARs. One AR has a padded sling (that I wish Vickers/Blue-Force would have made so that you could adjust the sling much shorter than it allows with the pad) and the other is a non-padded sling.

I'm happy with both of the Vickers - they do seem to be thicker (and wider) than both the Viking and the Magpul slings. They are somewhat more comfortable and a little more ruggedly constructed, but I've never had an MS2 or Viking fail on me.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After shooting dusting's new AR with the Vicker's pad sling, I ordered one for myself. It made hitting steel at 100yds using iron sights shooting offhand a point and click transaction. I was impressed with how it snugged the rifle up to your body.