Archery target back stop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you using for a back stop? I'm trying to decide what I want to use for a back stop in my back yard. I'm thinking of a few hay bails with a cinder block wall behind it.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was personally am going to use 4-8 hay bails behind mine to protect my fence and beyond this summer. If I stack the bails two deep and then the fence behind it, I'd imagine that'll stop an arrow quite nicely.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use hay bales...a double stack of three. I have not had an arrow go completely through. Some protrude out the back but that just makes them easy to pull out.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A wooden privacy fence lol
At my old house I had a 3 car garage, the 3rd car part stuck out past the side of the house. The house was all brick so it made a nice tall flat wall... Just don't miss the target.

I very seldom miss the target anymore. Living in a neighborhood with a back yard that is 157' wide allows me to shoot further back, and I would rather not go through the fence here. That's why I was thinking cinder block behind hay bails I case I miss.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a rubber horse stall mat from Tractor Supply 4ft x 6ft for around $30.00 and nailed it between two trees, it works great, and the arrows pull out pretty easy if you miss. You could build a wood, pvc or metal frame to hang it from pretty easy if you do not have the perfect trees to nail it to.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the foam that they use to float the docks. Arrows never get through. Pretty easy to pull out as well. its about 1ft thick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom