Are guns basically your only hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is for me. Although you have to include .mil history in that as well.

I just love guns.

Outside of work and my family, I would say 95% of my discretionary time is related to guns or military history.

I love to travel, but it has to have gun (or .mil) stuff related to it, at least a little bit. Whenever I travel I always hit museums related to .mil or gun history when I can. Went to Paris and London recently. Hit the Imperial War Museum, RAF Museum, Hotel Invalide and National Maritime Museum. Every trip, includes a museum hit, if I can. Going to Austin a couple of weeks. Will hit the Texas Forces Museum (for the 87th time
smiley_abused.gif
)

If I'm watching TV by myself it is gun Youtube stuff. C&Rsenal, Forgotten Weapons, Bloke on the Range, Mark Felton, etc...

I go to the range at least once a week and usually two or three times. I mess around with brass constantly.

Gun shows (especially Tulsa) are my Nirvana.

I confess...I'm addicted and I don't care.

My wife is a saint. She allows it.
icon_smile.gif

in total transparency, I'm 5 Mojitos in and get super chatty
smiley_abused.gif

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Gearhead more than anything. I grew up loving cars that handle. I have a Fiat 500 Sport that may be the most modified one in the country. I used to take it to the Twisted Sisters Fiat runs near Kerrville Texas every year before it was shut down. I'm restoring a 1962 Jaguar Mark 2 sedan right now. Then I guess I'm a tool acholic. The only thing that keeps me from buying more tools is space. If I had more room, I'd have more tools. When something breaks or needs to be made, I like to be able to do it. The guns are third on my hobby list. I've become a H&K collector I guess because the last three guns that I've bought or traded for are H&Ks. Total of 12 H&Ks right now. I used to shoot about 32 matches a year but, when the range in Ponca shut down and relocated 15 miles out of town, I don't even get out to just practice much anymore. With the weather we've been having I'd rather work in my air-conditioned garage than go to the range.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say I’m mostly into gun. Building rifles is my thing. I will build and shoot it then start another build. I shoot factory ammo in them now. I have just got into reloading. That is a slow process due to I travel for work. That stuff stays at home. But I will build a new rifle about every job site. AR style or bolt rifles, I have even built a couple of pistols. For the wife she just puts up with it. Firearms is my hobby.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda like Drumstick. Over the years I've been mostly mechanical and into wood. Losing the ability in my advancing age with hand and finger strength. Heavy springs present noticeable challenge especially when working on guns and smaller mechanical items. But still able to create and make things like reloading blocks, speed loader blocks and wood projects like quill feather pen holders. My interests seem to go towards what my hands can still produce.

leo78lion

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hobby has always been learning new things. My wife says i have adult adhd and I get too hyperfocused on things. My mind goes a million miles an hour so with out the hyperfocus im not sure i coukd accomplish anything. In the last few years it has been gardening, making soap, basic leather work, whittling and canning. I also enjoy building things that help us. I built a 12x16 shed with a gambrel roof and some shelves that hold canned food and some for canning that my wife wanted. I enjoy guns and firearms but for me it's only enjoyable when I take my kids to shoot. All of my hobbies are equal, it just depends what day it is and what grabs my attention. At the moment I'm about to start learning how to propagate roses using an air layer method I heard about on here. Next will be reloading ammo and getting a technican license to learn about Ham Radios.

Latest posts

Top Bottom