Are guns basically your only hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've often (not quite) joked that my hobby is collecting hobbies. I'm definitely afflicted with adhd (diagnosed, not just assumed). So I have a tendency to find something that is interesting to me, go all in on it and then get completely bored of it.
I think my biggest flaw is that I never feel that I'm actually good at anything, so I end up dropping interests almost as fast as I find them. I always have at least a couple of projects that I've started, but it takes me forever to actually finish them.

As for guns, I've always enjoyed them. That's one constant throughout my life. I've never collected high end guns or been an expert shot of anything like that, but I have always enjoyed them and will likely always have them.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Collected a lot of antiques for years. Had a large collection of brass spittoons at one time.
Now collect coins, mostly old silver dollars and Indian head pennies.
My knife collection.
BBQ smoking meats for years. I used to smoke turkeys and other meats for people at work.

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to many hobbies and not near enough time. Hunting and fishing are high on the list along with riding and driving horses and mules. I also enjoy music, and I play a few different instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin, and fiddle). I’m determined to be a descent fiddle player, but I’m not there yet.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I e had many hobbies over the years. Racing RC cars, coins, motorcycles,hunting and fishing, knives, books and of course guns. I view some of them like a bank account you can play with.
Oh, and watches. Never really thought I was ‘into’ watches until the interested perked up on here by other members. Then I started counting them. It was kinda like knives too. I never thought of myself as a collector until I started counting them one day.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is for me. Although you have to include .mil history in that as well.

I just love guns.

Outside of work and my family, I would say 95% of my discretionary time is related to guns or military history.

I love to travel, but it has to have gun (or .mil) stuff related to it, at least a little bit. Whenever I travel I always hit museums related to .mil or gun history when I can. Went to Paris and London recently. Hit the Imperial War Museum, RAF Museum, Hotel Invalide and National Maritime Museum. Every trip, includes a museum hit, if I can. Going to Austin a couple of weeks. Will hit the Texas Forces Museum (for the 87th time
smiley_abused.gif
)

If I'm watching TV by myself it is gun Youtube stuff. C&Rsenal, Forgotten Weapons, Bloke on the Range, Mark Felton, etc...

I go to the range at least once a week and usually two or three times. I mess around with brass constantly.

Gun shows (especially Tulsa) are my Nirvana.

I confess...I'm addicted and I don't care.

My wife is a saint. She allows it.
icon_smile.gif

in total transparency, I'm 5 Mojitos in and get super chatty
smiley_abused.gif
Yep. Gun hobby is part of my retiree routine. I don't have many guns, but I do go to the range weekly and shoot all of them. I also spend time researching and learning about guns hoping to find the ultimate handgun that fits my purpose. Ha. Never going to happen. Babysitting grandboys too.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m another hobbie junkie. The wife’s head spins with all my interests… Guns and shooting have always been in the mix since youth. So has: knives/camping/fishing/hunting/motorcycles/atvs/boating/guitar/drums/shade tree mechanic/martial arts/raising livestock/gardening/wine making/woodworking/home remodeling/old Toyota 4x4s/grilling+bbq/processing meat DIY (both hunted and farm raised)/etc…

Some hobbies I will step away from for a few years, then cycle back to it eventually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom