Are they not screening for crazy anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to acknowledge the levels of fanaticism this political side has reached, it’s akin to jihad levels that someone would set themselves on fire over something happening on the other side of the world that literally has zero impact on their life.
The argument that “someone is suffering somewhere” is not valid because people would have been setting themselves on fire any day of the week over the North Korean people for the last 70 years or for the people of Zimbabwe under Mugabe for 40 years, it’s just that the media didn’t tell them that’s what they should be upset about.
Great post

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol. Changing something, or even simply identifying the history/influence of something, is not trying 'to kill' it. And i've certainly never said there weren't crazy people and positions out there. On either side.

But again, it's hard to know exactly how that infographic was presented without seeing the context for it.

Perfect example of "You can lead a horse to water...."

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One isnt a religion, the other is. But you know that.

That Smithsonian poster above calls it "White Culture" but it is a great example of JC values. Hell, they say it in the very poster.

Come on. It isnt like the traditional values of European-North American culture are a big secret.

Remember that stupid book "Guns, Germs and Steel"? It was totally wrong. It wasn't location, it was culture.
So you cannot, or will not define it. Which is it?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfect example of "You can lead a horse to water...."
oh i finally found where that infographic came from, but it wasn't immediately found on the nmaahc site, which is where i somehow thought it should be, given the reference.

Now, the museum apparently also went on to say on twitter that the purpose was to foster discussion, which it clearly did. "At a time when the soul of our country is being tested, our Talking About Race portal will help individuals and communities foster constructive conversations and much needed dialogue about one of our nation's most challenging topics: Racism and its corrosive impact."

Also, does it actually say that any or all of those values are wrong? Or that they should be 'killed'?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have. You are being obtuse.
I am not. Words mean things, which is one of the issues I have with all the subversion of the homosexual community obscuring who and what they are representing.

So - you either don't know what it means or you refuse to say what it means.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not. Words mean things, which is one of the issues I have with all the subversion of the homosexual community obscuring who and what they are representing.

So - you either don't know what it means or you refuse to say what it means.
Ive posted examples. Now you are just playing the "Dance to me!" Game.

You define it. Lets see how you think JC culture is actually a religion.?

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh i finally found where that infographic came from, but it wasn't immediately found on the nmaahc site, which is where i somehow thought it should be, given the reference.

Now, the museum apparently also went on to say on twitter that the purpose was to foster discussion, which it clearly did. "At a time when the soul of our country is being tested, our Talking About Race portal will help individuals and communities foster constructive conversations and much needed dialogue about one of our nation's most challenging topics: Racism and its corrosive impact."

Also, does it actually say that any or all of those values are wrong? Or that they should be 'killed'?
Uhhhh, inferred. Most certainly.

More context for ya. Your government tax dollars at work.

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

Anyway, the finally removed that poster because even some libs and blacks were offended by it.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/17/smithsonian-african-american-museum-remove-whitene/

But that webpage sure is still there. It shows exactly what our government thinks.

Im sure you will explain it all away.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive posted examples. Now you are just playing the "Dance to me!" Game.

You define it. Lets see how you think JC culture is actually a religion.?
It's not a religion. Judaism is , Christianity is.

We would have been correctly described as being a "Christian" culture (accurately, I'd add) up until about the 1950s. Though the term was coined before that, it really didn't see as much use until the big drive to link Christian churches with the modern state of Israel.

It's a meaningless term meant to link our nation's history and culture with a culture that is not "Christian".

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a religion. Judaism is , Christianity is.

We would have been correctly described as being a "Christian" culture (accurately, I'd add) up until about the 1950s. Though the term was coined before that, it really didn't see as much use until the big drive to link Christian churches with the modern state of Israel.

It's a meaningless term meant to link our nation's history and culture with a culture that is not "Christian".

While I do understand your view I dont totally agree with it. We will have to agree to disagree.

European Jews that converted to Christianity in the 1600-1900s had a , in my opinion, positive effect on European culture. Thus why I think the term is an appropriate one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom