Are they not screening for crazy anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During Viet Nam they did draft into all the services. My buddy was telling me that they lined them up and had them count off 1-2-3-4, then they told you which service your number was. He said he almost threw up when he got Marines. While I love my country I feel quite fortunate to have gotten 4F'd for that Viet Nam FUBAR.
I was young enough and dumb enough that I voluntarily enlisted, and volunteered again to go to Vietnam. They sent me east instead of west, though. Didn't actually make it into a war zone until August of 1990. And even then, I was an REMF. Did serve with draftees, and folks who enlisted in the USAF to avoid getting drafted into the Army or Marines.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with all you said except supporting Israel in this matter. Leave out the politics and religion and get down to the basic facts.

They stole the homes of hundreds of thousands of people. It's not the first time, read about their crossing the Jordan River and stealing the so called promised land and committing 100% genocide. Killed every living thing. They deserve what they get.
They didn't do anything that hasn't been done before, nor since. Including in US History. None of our ancestors were sissies, or they wouldn't have lived to have the children that were also our ancestors. I'm considered white, and much my ancestry is/was actually white, but I've got B+ blood type. That comes from Mongolia. The real answer is that humans are no **** good. With very few exceptions, the folks that live in Israel now are not the ones who took that land from the so-called Palestinians, and they're definitely not the ones who took and destroyed Jericho. THEY are not to blame anymore than you or I for what happened several thousand years ago. WE just get to live with the results. And that is the most basic fact right there. Where where you in 1948? I wasn't even a gleam in my parent's eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont put words in my mouth. I did NOT say they were Christian.

However, they are very much Judeo Christian values based. It really is inarguable to say otherwise.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Tell me, who wrote that?

No doubt, liberals and commies are trying to change our society away from it. That is the whole culture war thingy going on right now.

That is why they hate those "dead white men".
John Adams. The same guy who used the Alien and Sedition Acts to imprison his political rivals. Great example!

Though I'm sure he thought he was a good Christian. And you are absolutely right about the basis of our system. Doesn't, of course, mean it stayed that way.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
an opposing view to what exactly? As in what claims does the page make that needs to be opposed? If you don't believe it you don't believe it. There was a time when the US government held a position, which it thought was based on science, that blacks were inferior. Being wrong isn't new to government agencies. Being one-sided isn't, either. The pendulum will swing back and back again.

From what i've read, the Smithsonian still owns a 'racial brain' collection.

"Since the early 20th century, the Smithsonian has held a collection of human brains. There are more than 200 brains in total, and the majority were taken from Indigenous and Black people without consent.

The collection was gathered at the request of a prominent anthropologist who believed in eugenics and the superiority of the white race. The brains are part of a collection of more than 30,000 human bones and body parts still held by the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum"

and yes, it certainly does predate Trump. Much like many of the problems we are all told to fear and get worked up about.
Ok find me another "race" that the .gov has done this level of inspection and criticism of. To the point of putting up webpages and posters in museums.

Ill wait.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't do anything that hasn't been done before, nor since. Including in US History. None of our ancestors were sissies, or they wouldn't have lived to have the children that were also our ancestors. I'm considered white, and much my ancestry is/was actually white, but I've got B+ blood type. That comes from Mongolia. The real answer is that humans are no **** good. With very few exceptions, the folks that live in Israel now are not the ones who took that land from the so-called Palestinians, and they're definitely not the ones who took and destroyed Jericho. THEY are not to blame anymore than you or I for what happened several thousand years ago. WE just get to live with the results. And that is the most basic fact right there. Where where you in 1948? I wasn't even a gleam in my parent's eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho
Two wrongs dont make a right. And in this instance we ARE speaking of the situation there, now, not other situations youre using to distract from the facts. All else you said doesnt change the fact that the wealthy jews stole the land. The people are pissed and rightfully so. Period.

As to what happened when they crossed the Jordan, killing every living thing, men, women, children, horses, donkey's dogs, and so on, karma's a *****, think Holocaust.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok find me another "race" that the .gov has done this level of inspection and criticism of. To the point of putting up webpages and posters in museums.

Ill wait.
We have the National Museum of the American Indian, which is part of the Smithsonian. From what i can quickly find, it has an exhibit called "Ancestors Know Who We Are". There might be more dedicated to the less savory parts of the past, too.

"The experiences of these six artists, explored through painting, photography, basketry, and digital art, speak to issues of race, gender, multiracial identity, and intergenerational knowledge."

But again, what about the whiteness webpage needs an opposing view from our government? I certainly don't agree with all of it, but there is much from our country's past that i also disagree with.

The museum is dedicated to the history of the African American in our country. Hard to separate racism from that. If you don't think some of that has been institutionalized then you'll never agree with the webpage. Not much to be done about that.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the National Museum of the American Indian, which is part of the Smithsonian. From what i can quickly find, it has an exhibit called "Ancestors Know Who We Are". There might be more dedicated to the less savory parts of the past, too.

"The experiences of these six artists, explored through painting, photography, basketry, and digital art, speak to issues of race, gender, multiracial identity, and intergenerational knowledge."

But again, what about the whiteness webpage needs an opposing view from our government? I certainly don't agree with all of it, but there is much from our country's past that i also disagree with.

The museum is dedicated to the history of the African American in our country. Hard to separate racism from that. If you don't think some of that has been institutionalized then you'll never agree with the webpage. Not much to be done about that.

Not even close to the same thing
And you know it

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not even close to the same thing
And you know it
lol, why does it have to be equal?

I certainly never said it was or wasn't. I don't work for the museums, i don't set their policy, budget, or create their content.

If you have an issue with the content you can certainly take it up with them, of course. It's what other groups have had to do with museums for years now. It's not a new thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom