Attorney General Holder threatens Kansas over state gun nullification bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Oklahoma have any thing in the works such as Kansas or Missouri?

Not sure on the current status, but here's a map that was accurate for at least a moment in time.

i1101.photobucket.com_albums_g424_Magic_Salad0892_FFA_zps4c90304c.gif

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Declaration of Independence states it plainly... the people.

Study of the Magna Carta repeats this in that it is the right and duty of the jury (the people) to judge the justice of the laws.

SCOTUS only has jurisdiction on those matters pertaining to the finite powers enumerated in the Constitution (which is a dead letter).

Well, yes, but since we are discussing "what is Constitutional" aren't we by definition in SCOTUS' area of competency?

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, yes, but since we are discussing "what is Constitutional" aren't we by definition in SCOTUS' area of competency?

Any infringement on bearing arms by the central government is an unconstitutional act. Of course the "commerce clause" rhetoric is invoked to make a run around "shall not be infringed". Meh... the reality is that the central government is going to do whatever the hell they want. The ignorant populace will continue to think SCOTUS is the "final arbiter" of ever facet of life. It is simply history repeating itself of people gaining freedom from tyranny only to eventually return to tyranny. Nullification and non-cooperation by the people of the states is the only option remaining in the battle to remain free. A show down is coming down the pike...

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But seriously, a civil war pitting the blue states against the states that host most of the oil refineries? Unlikely. If I'm wrong, sshhh. They're reading too.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But seriously, a civil war pitting the blue states against the states that host most of the oil refineries? Unlikely. If I'm wrong, sshhh. They're reading too.

I don't think it will be defined by state lines, but more by regions.

For instance, states such as Texas, Colorado, etc, are predominantly red, with blue counties where people have immigrated in from blue states.

Blue counties in red states tend to be where people have moved to urban areas and live like rats in a box, so if the poo-poo hits the fan, a city's "meltdown" will be measured in hours, maybe a few days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom