B1 Bomber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the last airshow at Will Rogers when the B1 left the pilot did a barrel roll. That was something to see! By the way I'm pretty sure that photo is photoshopped.
Yeah. It appears to be an artist rendering. The original I've seen elsewhere is sharper and better detail.
I just copied quickly from an article I was reading.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the last airshow at Will Rogers when the B1 left the pilot did a barrel roll. That was something to see! By the way I'm pretty sure that photo is photoshopped.
Ive heard they can be flown ( an old friend said 30 feet ) from the ground or any terrain without touching a thing. These bombers can do some wicked stuff that I'm sure we aren't supposed to know. Hell designed in the 70's made in the 80's and have been rotated between then and now with non stop "enhancements" For once the engineers got it right. I forgot how fast he said one could fly from east to west across this country. But its fast hell and is low on fuel over California.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe we have a member here that works on them at tinker.
IMG_7986.jpeg

Was part of the B1 Test Team from 1985-1988 at Edwards AFB, CA, while assigned to the 31st Test and Evaluation Squadron.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was the B-1 the one with leaky fuel tanks or was that the B-2?

Also funny that the B-1 and B-2 will be retired before the B-52. Tells you how well they built things back then.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a firepower demonstration at Fort Sill in the 80s. B-1s bombed a line of old trucks and junk on the range with a full load of 500lb bombs while we watched from the grandstands from a distance.. That was impressive!

Those demonstrations were great. I wish they still did them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom