Bad on so many levels--5 year old kills 2 year old with "Crickett"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another sensless child death because of stupid "Mah papi never locked up no guns and ahhm still alive" bullsh#t.

Right societies kids have to be babied, and sheltered today.

Mostly because of all those 100+ vaccines before they are 8 years old, fries their little brains.

Ask me how I know. Aint got crap to do with Alex Jones.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right societies kids have to be babied, and sheltered today.

Wrong. Kids have to be taught, disciplined, and to a certain extent protected until they are mentally capable of rational thinking and behavior. Then at some point they are cut loose to make it on their own. I'm not the best dad in the world but I know 5 years old is not that point.

Securing firearms is no different than putting up matches and medicine.

Everyone in the universe is wrong according to the great SMS!!!!

Including myself. I am largely comprised of the attributes I detest in others. I am no gun expert and I struggle with fatherhood every. single. day.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeebus, its a single shot bolt action for crying out loud. if you cant keep it safe with that then no guns allowed in the house at all period, mom and dad too. Farken idiots.(Referring to the parents here)

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with giving a 5 year old a Crickett rifle but that rifle should be locked in a safe or similar until the rifle is ready to be used with adult supervision. As someone else said 5 year olds are not capable of understanding everything that goes along with handling a firearm not because they are a "stupid" 5 year old but because they are a FIVE year old for eff's sake. If any parent thinks their 5 year old is capable of handling a firearm without direct adult supervision then that parent needs to have their guns taken because they aren't capable of safely having firearms in their home, as this tragedy has proven.

They mention southern gun culture where kids get guns at young ages and that's true but they don't mention that when the child is given a gun at that age it's not given to the kid to go play with and keep in the toy box with the other toys. I got my first gun as a child but the only time I actually got to handle the gun was when my dad took it out of the locked cabinet and took me out for a shooting lesson, immediately upon getting home the gun went back under lock and key. I wasn't allowed to have a gun to keep myself and shoot on my own was around 13 and only after I had gone through years of "training" and proved to my father I would responsibly handle it.

I'm very sad for this family's loss but the parent in this case was beyond negligent and should be found guilty for the death of the child and spend a long time behind bars.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad deal. No matter what happens in the legal system, that family will never be the same. Think that Dad wishes he could go back in time?

Live and learn, friends. Pray for these folks in their time of suffering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom