BATFE is watching and raiding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was he being facetious?
Politicians can make all of the unconstitutional laws and orders they want (and frequently do), and none have any teeth but for those that enforce them. The enforcers are "just following orders". And people in all facets of law enforcement are hailed as "heroes" by the politically right-leaning.

At the close of WWII, many participants in the abuses of the German government went to the gallows. The defense of "just following orders" didn't fly, and they were summarily executed. I don't bring that up to make an equal comparison to our "thin blue line" crowd "just following orders", as those under the thumb of the Third Reich would have certainly been shot for insubordination for not following orders. Our order-followers with badges will merely lose their jobs and pensions, not be stood up and executed, or thrown in miserable camps with "untermenschen". Who is more immoral for enforcing abuses on the population? Those who risk losing their paychecks, or their lives?

Yes, I was being facetious in my previous post. None of this stuff like what happened in Missouri happens without the voluntary actions of others. But they're "just following orders".

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another case of BATFE Agents not knowing the very law they enforce?

And ignorance of the law is no excuse, right? :rolleyes2
POWER CORRUPTS, ABSOLUT POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY! This is abd always has been true. That is why our founding fathers set our government up the way they did! Now it's up to us to participate, vote, keep ourselves informed of the TRUTH, not the propaganda, and NOT GIVE OUR RIGHTS AWAY, OR BE TALKED OUT OF THEM BY THE LAP DOG NEWS MEDIA! THINK FOR YOURSELF, OR LOSE WHAT THEY DIED TO GIVE US!

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked at gun stores for over 20 years and owned my own FFL/SOT for over 10. I know and have worked with a LOT of BATF agents over the years and while sure, there are more than a fair number who don't know the nuance of gun law as well as they should I can tell you that if it gets to the point of raiding a store, chances are over 99% you are the one who is in the wrong. I'm not a LEO apologist by any stretch and I agree that Federal Government shouldn't have purview over firearms at all but in my experience that's just how it is.

Look at it like this, the ATF has about 1700 agents total worldwide covering just shy of 140,000 FFL's and about another 10,000 FEL's as well as investigating major arson, alcohol and tobacco related crimes. Why would they use their comparative meager manpower resources to shut down an FFL for just the infractions listed in that article? Understand also that ATF agents can't act on their own and just go around raiding businesses. This would have to have been approved by the US Attorneys office prior to execution. There is NO WAY they would agree to pushing this over a single Krag with no 4473, a single straw sale, and a private sale on property unless there were reasonable suspicion that this dude was doing A BUNCH of other illegal stuff. Right or wrong, the USA office only approves "most bang for the buck" cases and the infractions listed, taken on their own accord, wouldn't even be considered for enforcement action let alone approved. Taken on their own, these wouldn't even get most dealers fined, it would most likely be paperwork and a sit down meeting with the head of the Jefferson City ATF office. When it all comes out in the wash, I'd be willing to bet he gets hemmed up with a bunch more charges.

To wit, a shop in Pittsburgh, PA was shut down about 5-6 years ago for essentially the same initial charges. Eventually though, the owner was tried and convicted of illegal possession and sale of unregistered NFA items, failure to complete required recordkeeping, facilitating multiple straw purchases, and attempted destruction of evidence. He actually had a whole rack of guns with a sign that said "Cash & Carry" in the store he claimed were personal property that had no paperwork at all, was selling oil filter adapters labeled outright as silencers, had an unregistered AOW (Street Sweeper) that he tried to dispose of in a dumpster WHILE ATF WAS THERE. He had been advised by an IOI during a previous inspection that the cash and carry thing was not legal and they gave him the opportunity to fix it. He outright told them that he felt that he was right in his business practice and ATF could go F themselves. Even with all of that, there was no SWAT team, no no knock warrant, just walk in and close the doors. He ended up going away for about 3-5 years.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do this because they know they can get away with it. These scum bags are never held accountable. It’s just another part of this corrupt government that does what it wants.

Yep....no one in .gov is ever held accountable....some poor soul every decade crosses the line and is hauled before the god of the mob....but no official loses a job, forced out, sued,....promoted and moved to another safe place to rein hell and cost money....

after all, they never pay a penny when sued.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Politicians can make all of the unconstitutional laws and orders they want (and frequently do), and none have any teeth but for those that enforce them. The enforcers are "just following orders". And people in all facets of law enforcement are hailed as "heroes" by the politically right-leaning.

At the close of WWII, many participants in the abuses of the German government went to the gallows. The defense of "just following orders" didn't fly, and they were summarily executed. I don't bring that up to make an equal comparison to our "thin blue line" crowd "just following orders", as those under the thumb of the Third Reich would have certainly been shot for insubordination for not following orders. Our order-followers with badges will merely lose their jobs and pensions, not be stood up and executed, or thrown in miserable camps with "untermenschen". Who is more immoral for enforcing abuses on the population? Those who risk losing their paychecks, or their lives?

Yes, I was being facetious in my previous post. None of this stuff like what happened in Missouri happens without the voluntary actions of others. But they're "just following orders".
Well said. And to be clear, I’m very right leaning but I do NOT refer to police as heroes. They chose the job and they choose to “just follow orders”, regardless of what the order is. I wonder if there is a police officer anywhere in our country that has quit because he or she wouldn’t enforce an order to arrest a felon with a gun? I doubt it. Now I know there are some good people that became cops with the intent to protect their community. I think after a while they don’t even think about the constitution. They just enforce the laws they are told to enforce. It’s like politicians, there have been many people get into politics with the real intent to make things better. But once they get in and see how things work many of them end up just doing what their told. Regardless if it’s the police or politicians “just following orders” it all leads to the same place, tyranny.

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've worked at gun stores for over 20 years and owned my own FFL/SOT for over 10. I know and have worked with a LOT of BATF agents over the years and while sure, there are more than a fair number who don't know the nuance of gun law as well as they should I can tell you that if it gets to the point of raiding a store, chances are over 99% you are the one who is in the wrong. I'm not a LEO apologist by any stretch and I agree that Federal Government shouldn't have purview over firearms at all but in my experience that's just how it is.

Look at it like this, the ATF has about 1700 agents total worldwide covering just shy of 140,000 FFL's and about another 10,000 FEL's as well as investigating major arson, alcohol and tobacco related crimes. Why would they use their comparative meager manpower resources to shut down an FFL for just the infractions listed in that article? Understand also that ATF agents can't act on their own and just go around raiding businesses. This would have to have been approved by the US Attorneys office prior to execution. There is NO WAY they would agree to pushing this over a single Krag with no 4473, a single straw sale, and a private sale on property unless there were reasonable suspicion that this dude was doing A BUNCH of other illegal stuff. Right or wrong, the USA office only approves "most bang for the buck" cases and the infractions listed, taken on their own accord, wouldn't even be considered for enforcement action let alone approved. Taken on their own, these wouldn't even get most dealers fined, it would most likely be paperwork and a sit down meeting with the head of the Jefferson City ATF office. When it all comes out in the wash, I'd be willing to bet he gets hemmed up with a bunch more charges.

To wit, a shop in Pittsburgh, PA was shut down about 5-6 years ago for essentially the same initial charges. Eventually though, the owner was tried and convicted of illegal possession and sale of unregistered NFA items, failure to complete required recordkeeping, facilitating multiple straw purchases, and attempted destruction of evidence. He actually had a whole rack of guns with a sign that said "Cash & Carry" in the store he claimed were personal property that had no paperwork at all, was selling oil filter adapters labeled outright as silencers, had an unregistered AOW (Street Sweeper) that he tried to dispose of in a dumpster WHILE ATF WAS THERE. He had been advised by an IOI during a previous inspection that the cash and carry thing was not legal and they gave him the opportunity to fix it. He outright told them that he felt that he was right in his business practice and ATF could go F themselves. Even with all of that, there was no SWAT team, no no knock warrant, just walk in and close the doors. He ended up going away for about 3-5 years.
This makes more sense to me than all other theories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom