Red Wasps Have Declared War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took a different approach.
Red wasps had a nest just inside a crack in the facia board of our house.
We put some sticky mouse traps around their entrance.
Entertaining watching them get stuck.
Shooting them with my trusty Red Ryder BB gun or clay mud balls with a slingshot is fun. .22 ratshot patterns horrible but anti wasp research continues.....

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an acquaintance named dale in the wapanucka area that referred to them only as “mother ****ing red waspers”. Like it was their scientific name. Never heard him complain of any other creature, but he absolutely hated those “mother ****ing red waspers”. I’ve never been hit by one, fingers crossed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting them with my trusty Red Ryder BB gun or clay mud balls with a slingshot is fun. .22 ratshot patterns horrible but anti wasp research continues.....
I think it's Henry that is making a smooth bore .22 lever rifle specifically for shooting .22 rat shot.
If one is overrun with them and needing some redneck trap shooting, that is the gun of choice apparently.

bpshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
I think it's Henry that is making a smooth bore .22 lever rifle specifically for shooting .22 rat shot.
If one is overrun with them and needing some redneck trap shooting, that is the gun of choice apparently.
I use a super soaker and dawn dish soap water mix. It's my summer time hunting and stalking skills builder

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a wasp nest under the handle of my plastic trash dumpster. Luckily one came out and let me know they had a nest. Instead of using the super dooper Raid 20 foot can of spray, I changed tactics. I took Dennis's advice and grabbed a coat to keep the wasps from getting me and a can of brake and parts cleaner foam.. I slipped out this morning early and eased up to the nest and covered the nest in foam. They ALL dropped like a rock except one who landed on my coat buzzing then fell dead on the ground. SUCCESS!!! Thanks Dennis.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a wasp nest under the handle of my plastic trash dumpster. Luckily one came out and let me know they had a nest. Instead of using the super dooper Raid 20 foot can of spray, I changed tactics. I took Dennis's advice and grabbed a coat to keep the wasps from getting me and a can of brake and parts cleaner foam.. I slipped out this morning early and eased up to the nest and covered the nest in foam. They ALL dropped like a rock except one who landed on my coat buzzing then fell dead on the ground. SUCCESS!!! Thanks Dennis.
Gotta change your name to WaspSlayer during the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom