Batman Premiere: Mass Shooting-Aurora, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember watching video footage of the L.A. bank robbery shootout that happened several years ago. If you watch it, you will notice that many well-trained and armed police officers could not stop the 2 gunmen because of their body armor. If I remember correctly, some off-duty SWAT officers grabbed some high-powered rifles from a gun store and took the gunmen down at point-blank range. My point being, if you watch that video, would a typical CCW weapon have done any good?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As already stated by many here, lots of factors involved at the theater for a CCW person to fire back. The Enid mall/movie theater has gunbuster signs, I'm not ok with the signs, but I abide by them............so therefore, if they want to take away my right to carry, then they should do everything in their power to make sure an "unhonest" gun carrier doesn't carry one in. Walk thru metal dectectors, wands, bag search and such.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I take away from this shooting is that for the most part police can't protect you when the SHTF.. they can only arrest the perp after the fact... and they don't always do that right away. Here, the guy gave up.. they didn't actually "Capture" him in the true sense of the word! He was sitting there waiting on the police to arrive.

The response time from the first 911 Dispatch call being put out... to the first LEO arriving on the scene was 90 seconds / 1 1/2 minutes... 15 seconds later the second car arrived and they announced they had a suspect detained behind the theater. In this case, we see that over 50 people can be seriously wounded and 13 killed in a mere 90 seconds by just one determined person. That is why you need to be prepared to defend yourself at all times.

What I find really amazing & saddening at the same time is that even though all the hundreds of witnesses agree that there was only one gunman.. and that gunman is in custudy.... the LEO's required all the bodies to remain in the building until this evening for maticuoous photographing. All the bullet casings have to be counted & photo'd where they lay. All the blood splatters have to be photographed. DNA samples have to be taken. Hundreds of people in the theater have to be individually interviewed and reports made. All that effort & expense at documentation...when it is obvious beyond any doubt who did the shooting.

And people wonder why our legal system is a mess.

Last edited:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point being, if you watch that video, would a typical CCW weapon have done any good?

In this situation it is doubtful. But in a dark theater setting against a active shooter in body Armour, that is where a laser equiped weapon [even a little .380] would certainly be a '+'! Using a laser would be about the only way someone quickly bobbing up and down from behind cover might have even a remote chance to get a head shot. Having time to sight in a head shot using the iron sights would be a miracle if you were under fire.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find really amazing & saddening at the same time is that even though all the hundred of witnesses agree that there was only one gunman.. and that gunman is in custudy. The LEO's required all the bodies to remain in the building until this evening for maticuoous photographing. All the bullet casings have to be counted & photo'd where they lay. All the blood splatters have to be photographed. DNA samples have to be taken. Hundreds of people in the theater have to be individually interviewed and reports made. All that effort & expense at documentation...when it is obvious beyond any doubt who did the shooting.

And people wonder why our legal system is a mess.

Not to don a tinfoil hat, but what if someone in there was shot by someone other than the known gunman. It'd be nice to know.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the police don't take the time to do it right, then the chance for mistrial is elevated. Now wouldn't that be a travesty?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the police don't take the time to do it right, then the chance for mistrial is elevated. Now wouldn't that be a travesty?

A travesty would be if some idiot jury let this guy go regardless of how the evidence was collected. This is as open and shut as it gets. Really a bad deal that this a-hole didn't turn the gun on himself like most of them do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom