Battery Back up power.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave. $499 for my River 2 Pro by itself. That's a good deal.

ETA: There is a $120 coupon on the Amazon link above and the seller is Ecoflow themselves. The rigid panel I bought is also on special for $98 right now. It's only 100W though. I have seen 98 watts coming in one time so that tells me they are good panels.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one I bought states.
100% in 70 minutes on 110 ac. On Solar
It's 70 minutes when using 110V.
How long with a solar panel if the power is off for an extended time like the ice storm we had years ago when power was out for 11 days? Of course it would depend on what size solar panels are used, but what do most use? 100 watt?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, is it accurate that you'd take the watt/hr of the battery and divide it by the watts of the solar panel to get an approximate best case time to charge from empty?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, is it accurate that you'd take the watt/hr of the battery and divide it by the watts of the solar panel to get an approximate best case time to charge from empty?

Charging Time (hours) = Battery Capacity (Wh) / (Solar Panel Output (W)×Efficiency%)

Assuming optimum conditions.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's 70 minutes when using 110V.
How long with a solar panel if the power is off for an extended time like the ice storm we had years ago when power was out for 11 days? Of course it would depend on what size solar panels are used, but what do most use? 100 watt?
I don’t think it’s a good idea to rely solely on solar for charging these things. I’m pretty sure that they are capitalizing on the green energy mantra in their marketing them as “solar generators”. They aren’t much more than a battery box and in the case of EcoFlow you can charge while you have a load running. If the battery is full and the solar will handle the load it will just pass through the inverter, so in a sense I guess they kinda are a “generator".

That said you can set panels up in series to up the voltage and current within the limits the inverter will take. They are best used as a temp backup for short times, not multi day events.

Last edited:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use mine everyday no problem. Power down no problem with 4000 watts of solar going to multiple units.

I have one of these duel fuel generators that connects to a battery port.
Very quit and only comes on to recharge the unit and then automatically shut off with no intervention.

For long term fuel storage it’s hard to beat propane IMO.

$600 off coupon

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use mine everyday no problem. Power down no problem with 4000 watts of solar going to multiple units.

I have one of these duel fuel generators that connects to a battery port.
Very quit and only comes on to recharge the unit and then automatically shut off with no intervention.

For long term fuel storage it’s hard to beat propane IMO.

Every home that we built or bought and remodeled that my Family was to live in, had my 500gal propane tank I bought back when I was 17 hooked up as a back up heat source and to a Gen set that was on standby. Propane back up Gen sets are optimum in my opinion as no carb issues for long term non use. Most of the homes we lived in long term had 3 ways to heat, elect, nat gas/propane and wood.

I don’t like a cold house, growing up in my parents home life we only heated with wood. And as most know if wood is only heat source you live in a Cold and suddenly hot house or someone has to be diligent on stoking the fire LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom