BBQ joints in KC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be headed to Northeast Kansas City this weekend for an event with a Shriners group that I’m with, anybody know of any “ Hole in the wall” BBQ joints in that area of the city that’s worth going to ?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been a few years ( nearly twenty...), but I recall the bbq at the open-air restaurant in Union Station as being pretty good, and the station itself was kind of a neat place to waste some time wandering around.

It looks like the place is called Harvey's, though I can't recall if that was the name when I went (I was in training, and the company doing the training took us there).

https://harveyskc.com/our-menus/

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would say Strouds. But I don't think they serve BBQ anymore. If you like wings, The Peanut is really good.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woodlot BBQ over on Merriam is my family’s favorite
RJ’s in Shawnee is decent
I don’t know if BB’s Lawnside home of the blues is still in biz but had great live music
Knucklehead Saloon is an awesome roadhouse with great live music

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Arthur Bryant's original restaurant is in old town. We do lunch there rather than supper, it's safer. They have a newer one in the NW part of KC also. The original is pretty hard to beat though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom