Bead blasting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a stainless 1911 bead blasted for a different look. Does anyone here have any opinions, experience, recommendations, or price estimates that they would like to share? Thanks.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like blasted stainless myself, I did a bit more than blast this one...

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j300_sksummers_Gats_DSC02673.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer bead blasted stainless over polished. Depending on the size of the media used you can get anything from a satin to a matte finish. It's a fairly simple process and shouldn't cost very much.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a stainless 1911 bead blasted for a different look. Does anyone here have any opinions, experience, recommendations, or price estimates that they would like to share? Thanks.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine. The finish was done by Wilson when I ordered it. The pictures do not do the gun justice. The gun is bead blasted and then the flats lightly polished. I really like the look.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's awesome lookin. what all did u do?

Thanks, hours and hours of smoothing, and blending. It's hard to tell in my crappy pic.

A couple of subtle items that some may pick up on, the slide stop pin is flush with the frame, and the MSH has been blended down in to the magwell for a minor "bob tail".

Latest posts

Top Bottom