Belts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wondering what kind of belts do you guys carry with?

I have heard about the wilderness belts, but where do you buy one, I have heard some are make cheap and to stay away from them.

Oh and pictures would be great.

EDITED:
Where in Tulsa can you buy a wilderness belt? and how do the 5.11 belts compare to the wilderness belts?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Wilderness "Original Instructor" with the C.S.M. (Combat Shooter's Model) insert/stiffiner in 1.75" width is the belt I wear each and every day on duty. I've worn the same belt day in/day out for the last 2-3 years and it's still as good as it was the very first day I put it on. I ordered mine direct from the manufacturer at www.thewilderness.com

My off duty belt is a Looper kydex reinforced belt. For the money, you can't go wrong.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
OK,i'm a self-proclaimed tight wad who,on occasion,dumpster dives for stuff to trade.Now that you know where i'm coming from,I can't see paying 50-125 bucks for a belt. Some of the Dickies work line of belts are double stitched with a leather insert and are very rigid and hold a holster well.They will hold your ccw even while sitting down in the mens room without flopping over and dumping your "piece" on the floor.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK,i'm a self-proclaimed tight wad who,on occasion,dumpster dives for stuff to trade.Now that you know where i'm coming from,I can't see paying 50-125 bucks for a belt. Some of the Dickies work line of belts are double stitched with a leather insert and are very rigid and hold a holster well.They will hold your ccw even while sitting down in the mens room without flopping over and dumping your "piece" on the floor.

Thank you very much for this... I am dying over here, trying to convince my wife that after spending $400 on a weapon, several hundred on ammo to practice with and supplies to clean with, I need to now spend ~$100 on a holster (that may or may not work well for me) and another ~$150-200 on a couple of belts as well.

This 'hobby' is killing me here.... <sigh>

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper belts are like $35 or something. They are absolutely perfect for concealed carry use. They are very stiff.

I agree w/ GED about the belt...you can have your weapon riding in a VM2 but if it's flopping around when you walk and slowing your draw, all that fancy leather isn't doing much for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom