Belts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where in Tulsa can you buy a wilderness belt? and how do the 5.11 belts compare to the wilderness belts?

patrol tech carries the 5.11 belts.
what size belt do you wear? i have an extra 5.11 belt for a 36''-38'' waist. i didn't try it on when i bought it, and realized it was to big.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the wilderness instructor belt. I have used it for ccw and just general wear at work. I like them so much that when we switched uniforms I bought one that I could wear with the new uniforms. If you do get one go with the 5 stitch model.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this... I am dying over here, trying to convince my wife that after spending $400 on a weapon, several hundred on ammo to practice with and supplies to clean with, I need to now spend ~$100 on a holster (that may or may not work well for me) and another ~$150-200 on a couple of belts as well.

This 'hobby' is killing me here.... <sigh>

:DSHHH.... Its an investment............How much a month do we spend on that INSURANCE???:clap3:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all end up with holsters that don't work. Sell 'em.

You can get good leather holsters for a lot less then a hundred bucks. See if Don Hume has something that works for you. Cheap, good enough. Their HQ is in Miami, OK. I get them cheaper from

http://www.gunnersalley.com/

jej

I checked into Don Hume, but they don't make a tuckable IWB for my Taurus that I know of. I'm probably going to buy a Crossbreed Supertuck after the many rave reviews I've read.... should run me about $80 shipped, unless I go with the horsehide option, which is another $15... plus $7.50 for combat cut... easy to run up to $100 there.

But then, spending the money to get the right thing the first time will save me from having to buy more later. ;)

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked into Don Hume, but they don't make a tuckable IWB for my Taurus that I know of. I'm probably going to buy a Crossbreed Supertuck after the many rave reviews I've read.... should run me about $80 shipped, unless I go with the horsehide option, which is another $15... plus $7.50 for combat cut... easy to run up to $100 there.

But then, spending the money to get the right thing the first time will save me from having to buy more later. ;)

stick with cowhide. horsehide is nice, but it stays a bit too oily, and usually doesn't last as long. i do quite a bit of leather work with cowhide, and some with deer skin. i personally haven't done any work with horsehide, but my dad recommended against it. his side of the family has owned a leather shoe "factory" in Chile for about 50 years and didn't like the horsehide.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've worn good quality leather belts nearly all of my life. After beginning to carry I bought a Rafter S gunleather belt. It is excellent quality and built for conceal carry. They are not inexpensive but in the realm of good leather belts that you may find at a good leather shop or off the rack at a western store they are very reasonably priced.

www.raftersgunleather.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom