Belts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can't put a price on GOOD leather. so many places go for mas production instead of taking the time to hand select the leather. i was gonna spend about $300 on a holster until i realized it's in my blood to work with leather. my work isn't as fancy as Galco, but i guarantee it will out last Galco

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worn good quality leather belts nearly all of my life. After beginning to carry I bought a Rafter S gunleather belt. It is excellent quality and built for conceal carry. They are not inexpensive but in the realm of good leather belts that you may find at a good leather shop or off the rack at a western store they are very reasonably priced.

www.raftersgunleather.com

from what i've heard and seen, Rafter is one of the better places to get "exotic" gun leather

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the 5.11 belts are on sale pretty cheap from lapolicegear.com right now. they are $7.99 here is a link to them. there are only a couple of colors and a couple of sizes, but if it is your size and a color you like then it is a great deal for you.
another great deal they have there is if you buy a pair of the pants seen here, for $16.99, then you get a free leather 5.11 belt. great deal there and the pants are nice as well.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can't put a price on GOOD leather. so many places go for mas production instead of taking the time to hand select the leather. i was gonna spend about $300 on a holster until i realized it's in my blood to work with leather. my work isn't as fancy as Galco, but i guarantee it will out last Galco

You expect us to just believe you?

[Broken External Image]

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
would have to discourage you on the loopers. after only one month of wearing mine the kydex is craked in 4 places around the holes, so as i walk amd move it pops and clicks. other than that i liked it alot.

Hmmmm? I've never heard about popping and clicking before. The kydex usually breaks around the holes but it doesn't compromise the integrity of the belt in any way. In fact I would prefer that the kydex stopped before the holes but it changes the price point drastically to do it that way. :nono2:
If you get the chance, swing by the store and tell the guys that Lisa said to see if there was anything they could do about the noise.

I don't know much about the wilderness belts or the Rafter S, but the 5.11 leather belts are JUNK! The edge dye doesn't stick -it will literally peel off and then your lovely (yeah, they're pretty) black or brown belt has a white plastic edge. Niiiice. :nolike:

tRdoc....what model is your Taurus? Usually they fit like Berettas or Glocks (a few exceptions) and maybe they just don't have your specific gun listed. I might be able to tell you what fit to order if you wanted to try one of the Don Hume holsters.

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a PT145...

I would put it in a Glock 19/23 holster. Leather is so great at many things and conforming is one of them! As long as it's a leather holster (not kydex or anything) it should be a fantastic fit. The only thing that might need a little adjusting is the length of the thumb break if you get one on your tuckable. Majorly easy to change or even cut if off entirely. Last time I was in H&H they had the Don Hume tuckables in stock. Even if they didn't have one for the 19/23 you could try it in the full size (17/22) or the subcompact (26/27) and make sure the frame fit except for the barrel length before you bought one. HTH! :wink2:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would put it in a Glock 19/23 holster. Leather is so great at many things and conforming is one of them! As long as it's a leather holster (not kydex or anything) it should be a fantastic fit. The only thing that might need a little adjusting is the length of the thumb break if you get one on your tuckable. Majorly easy to change or even cut if off entirely. Last time I was in H&H they had the Don Hume tuckables in stock. Even if they didn't have one for the 19/23 you could try it in the full size (17/22) or the subcompact (26/27) and make sure the frame fit except for the barrel length before you bought one. HTH! :wink2:

Yes +1 the g26/27 holster will fit nicely, the PCCH is a nice holster :Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom