Belts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
was getting ready to order a Wilderness Ti Instructors belt for $100

but hesitated wondering how much better is this belt vs my faithful Schaaf leather belt that was hand made for me.

so is it worth the $100 for this belt?

[Broken External Image]

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a 5.11 leather belt w/kydex insert and a Looper leather belt. I rarely wear the Looper anymore.

The dye on the Looper (black) wore off the edges of the belt within the first week. Not a big deal for a work belt though. Mainly it's just uncomfortable (probably because it's a 2" belt rather than the 1.5"). The only finish wear and "bending" on the 5.11 is at the hole where I wear it every day and I've used it for about two years now.

Considering the 5.11 was $20 at OPS, I'd highly recommend it if you want leather.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

.............QUOTE]

The extra cost for the titanium buckle is not worth it to me. The standard steel buckle is cheaper and works fine. The Wilderness nylon buckle "frequent flyer" belt also works well and is nice to wear through metal detectors.

jej

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The extra cost for the titanium buckle is not worth it to me. The standard steel buckle is cheaper and works fine.

jej

but hesitated wondering how much better is this belt vs my faithful Schaaf leather belt that was hand made for me.

[Broken External Image]

No, the titanium buckle isn't worth it. But a standard Wilderness Instructor's belt is absolutely, sho' 'nuff, no foolin', hands down, the very best belt I've ever owned. When (if) mine ever wears out, I will definitely buy another one.

However...

In defense and honor for Bart, Lisa and the entire Looper family, I gotta say that when wanting a LEATHER belt, theirs is awesome! The only reason I prefer the Wilderness belt over theirs is because of holster creak. 'Tis very annoying, to say the least, when you are walking along hearing, "creak, squeak, creak, squeak, creak, squeak, creak, squeak" the Wilderness eliminates any and all holster creak because you don't have leather on leather...you have nylon on leather. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom