Benchmade helps Oregon Police destroy guns...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So has anyone confirmed the reasons why Benchmade contributed to these Democrats or are we all just jumping to conclusions like the leftists did with the maga hat kid and the indian?

You mean, like, done any analysis of the predominant party where the company is located? Are they just swimming in the current of the place they made their home and trying to keep an American business operating and provide jobs for other Americans?

Is it a predominantly Blue district where the Blues run unopposed and there are no Reds to give money too? Why would anyone look at that? It's easier just to knee jerk...and ignore the fact that Trump himself gave money to the likes of Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, Andrew Cuomo etc...

That being said, it was pretty dumb to let that gun destruction get out on social media. Helping out your local P.D. is one thing but this bit them.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was the police department who originally posted the pictures, then almost immediately took it down. As I said earlier, I suspect the police got an angry phone call or email. LOL! It was dumb to post them, and if they approved it, they were dumb too.

FWIW, I don't really blame them or the police department for destroying the guns, it sounds like those decisions were made by others and the police were responsible for destroying them, and sought out Benchmade's assistance. The contributions are another matter and greater concern as far as I'm concerned, and I'm interested in hearing more about that. I'm not a knife guy, and not their customer base though, I had never heard of them until this. It hasn't really changed my plans to buy from them or not. JMHO

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was the police department who originally posted the pictures, then almost immediately took it down. As I said earlier, I suspect the police got an angry phone call or email. LOL! It was dumb to post them, and if they approved it, they were dumb too.

FWIW, I don't really blame them or the police department for destroying the guns, it sounds like those decisions were made by others and the police were responsible for destroying them, and sought out Benchmade's assistance. The contributions are another matter and greater concern as far as I'm concerned, and I'm interested in hearing more about that. I'm not a knife guy, and not their customer base though, I had never heard of them until this. It hasn't really changed my plans to buy from them or not. JMHO

Last year they gave a whopping $7,900 to political candidates. The bulk of it went to congressional candidate Kurt Schrader.

He's a democrat....with an NRA Political Victory Fund rating of an A. The rest went to another Dem...who also has an NRA rating of A.

So yeah, Benchmade is really out to take our guns LOL.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So has anyone confirmed the reasons why Benchmade contributed to these Democrats or are we all just jumping to conclusions like the leftists did with the maga hat kid and the indian?

When you see with your own eyes what they did (chop up guns) and who they donated to (exclusively Democrats), you don't really need to know the why. It's irrelevant.

But then you see this:

Here's the founder's "explanation". Cliff notes to it is that this is a horribly edited, eye twitching, finger flicking, virtue signaling load of crap. A real dumpster fire of a response. Quite honestly the solid BLUE donation history is all I need to know.

And it says everything you need to know. Sorry Les, I don't buy your blinky eyed, crossed arms, hand clutching, heavily edited mea culpa that didn't really address your anti-gun action and your exclusively Democrat political donations. I won't be buying any more of you knives either!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you see with your own eyes what they did (chop up guns) and who they donated to (exclusively Democrats), you don't really need to know the why. It's irrelevant.

But then you see this:

And it says everything you need to know. Sorry Les, I don't buy your blinky eyed, crossed arms, hand clutching, heavily edited mea culpa that didn't really address your anti-gun action and your exclusively Democrat political donations. I won't be buying any more of you knives either!

....but it's OK that your boy Trump donated to Clinton and Schumer as long as he donated to Republicans too? That's like saying it's OK if your wife sleeps with a guy across town as long as she throws you one once a week too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom