Bergara Rifles , Worth the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, I'm looking for my next rifle and have stumbled across the name Bergara. The rifles as such are attractive and I have built my own 6.5 Creedmoor on a AR 10 platform and I was surprised to see the accuracy it offers. The Barrel is from Bear Creek Arsenal, the upper receiver from Anderson and the lower receiver from Bear Creek Arsenal, and the Trigger is a Rise. The barrel is a heavy Bull barrel and the keyword here is Heavy - it Is! Since I'm not about to lug this monster around the woods much less hike up a mountain carrying it I've begun my search for a bolt action. Why the Creedmoor? Well, I began my search for the Bergara B14HMR chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor because My Granddaughter harvested a Huge Buck in Arkansas with her husband and that's when the search began. She was carrying a Broning A Bolt in 6.5 Cr using Browning Ammo loaded with a 140 GR soft point. What I'm asking of all you shooters is to share your opinion and more importantly your experience of the Company as well as your opinions of the rifle.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Lewis.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother had a B14R, I think is the model, in 6.5CM. It was a heavy pig. Great for the bench and not much else. He sold it at a pretty good loss and he had gotten a good deal on it used.
Of course, he moved into a Christianson with carbon fiber barrel, so almost everything is heavy comparatively.
If you go over to the rimfire forum, the .22lr apparently can be hit or miss.
Not trying to poopoo your choice, just some honest, secondhand feedback. YMMV.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Bergara BMR in 22 LR. Super accurate.

Attachments

• 62ECC8C0-4789-42C4-8FE2-FA2010179967.jpeg
    62ECC8C0-4789-42C4-8FE2-FA2010179967.jpeg
    1.8 MB

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother had a B14R, I think is the model, in 6.5CM. It was a heavy pig. Great for the bench and not much else. He sold it at a pretty good loss and he had gotten a good deal on it used.
Of course, he moved into a Christianson with carbon fiber barrel, so almost everything is heavy comparatively.
My Bergara 14R. 22 has a carbon fiber barrel, mounted in custom aftermarket stock. Would be glad to compare its weight to any Christensen of the same caliber

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Christensen carbon fiber 22 rifles have one of the worst reputations on the net

Latest posts

Top Bottom