Best .22LR Bolt Action Rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot my 452 Lux out to 300 yds., shooting about a 10" gong. Once I figured out the hold, I was hitting it almost every time, from prone with a sling. There was a smaller gong at 250 that I was smacking pretty easily as well. They are great rifles. The rear sight adjusts out to 200m, and they are pretty much dead on with standard velocity ammo.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was young I got to go through the NRA qualification courses with US Army issue competition rifles straight out of the armory. They were .22LR bolt action and holy cow were they accurate. We had a lot of fun learning to shoot competition with those rifles but they were also really frustrating because the tiniest mistake in form would show up big on the target. I'm not sure what brand or model they were but they were old and awesome :)

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was young I got to go through the NRA qualification courses with US Army issue competition rifles straight out of the armory. They were .22LR bolt action and holy cow were they accurate. We had a lot of fun learning to shoot competition with those rifles but they were also really frustrating because the tiniest mistake in form would show up big on the target. I'm not sure what brand or model they were but they were old and awesome :)

Same here, Brandi. We would get them all sighted in and then after class the instructors would intentionally adjust the sights all out of whack so when we came back the next week we'd have to get them sighted back in. I was pretty young (9 I think) but had a good time shooting at the police range. I don't recall what the rifles were but they had some very nice sights on them.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A .22lr gun, pistol, revolver, bolt action, or semi-auto are probably the finest bug-out guns around. For the most part quiet, accurate(better than most folks can shoot), and you can pack along lots of ammo. Depending on their accuracy, and bring down game four times their size, and nothing to turn your nose up at for self defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom