Best .22LR Bolt Action Rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two lefty sons and have dealt with teaching them both to shoot right handed guns. Get him a Ruger 10-22. The brass doesn't bother my sons. After learning on a RH rifle the beautiful Ruger grey laminate 7 mag LH rifle I bought my oldest is kinda awkward. It may actually be easier for him to shoot an RH gun lefty than a LH gun. A nice lever gun might be a good thing to try also. Do the little Browning semi autos bottom eject?

They do bottom eject. That might be a good one to get him. He should be proud of a high grade SA-22.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A CZ would get my vote.

They make a left handed 452.

d902dd9474760a36d15e39b8d4c43590.png

Looks like mine but different scope. :D

CZ 452. If what I've read is correct the left hand model is the only 452- in a new model.

Correct, as of now.

CZ452s are wonderful.

+1

I am right handed but blind in my right eye, so I HAVE to shoot rifles left handed. I own both right handed and left handed. If its an eye problem, left handed guns are better, but only really for semi-autos (Gas & Brass spray). For bolt it doesnt really matter, unless the stock is formed for a right handed hold.

Too bad you''re in Western Oklahoma, I would help him out. I own a Savage lefty .22lr bolt and I own a CZ 452 lefty bolt. I also have some right handed .22lr bolts and could let him try all.

My CZ is a beautifully made and awesomely accurate gun. I paid over double for it than the Savage, so it really comes down to an aesthical preference more than anything to be honest. They are both accurate enough for most on this board to NOT tell an big difference. :anyone:

Hope this helps. Call me if you need, I'll be happy to answer any questions about guns or shooting lefty.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Granted the Anshutz is the top of the line for .22lr bolt action, but the CZ 452(no longer being made) sits right next to it in accuracy. It's the best .22lr I own. As long as the wind is behaving the CZ will shoot one ragged hole at 50yds.

P.S. The 452's can still be found new, but CZ has gone to the 455 model, nice that you can change out the barrel, but they are not as accurate as the 452's.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am right handed but shoot lefty. I run my right handed FV-SR lefty and have no problem, especially shooting off the bench. I just leave my my left (trigger) hand in the shooting position and run safety and bolt with right hand. Works well.

The only type of bolty I run different are ones with a straight bolt handle (a la Mosin). With those it's just as easy for my to reach over and grab the handle with my left hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom