Best Carbon Removal Method

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not needed to use it for years, but when I did in auto repair, B-12 chem tool was great for carbon. That is if it has not been watered down like a lot of the chemicals these days.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not needed to use it for years, but when I did in auto repair, B-12 chem tool was great for carbon. That is if it has not been watered down like a lot of the chemicals these days.
i tried the B-12 carb cleaner. Didn't do a lot.
Still looking.

Ultrasonic sounded promising. I purchased the special ultrasonic solutions for firearms years ago when I had a spare one. by the time I get another, etc the costs are much more than a new carrier and bolt.

Still open to suggestions.

I wonder if there is a liquid soak out there.

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i tried the B-12 carb cleaner. Didn't do a lot.
Still looking.

Ultrasonic sounded promising. I purchased the special ultrasonic solutions for firearms years ago when I had a spare one. by the time I get another, etc the costs are much more than a new carrier and bolt.

Still open to suggestions.

I wonder if there is a liquid soak out there.
CLR or Break Free, CLR works faster but test it on your finish first.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve been trying Breakthrough suppressor cleaner on a heavily can and it’s shows promise.

For your as situation. Slip 2000 Carbon Cutter. I was introduced to it by Mike Friend of the AK builder in Nowata over a decade ago. The stuff it’s surprisingly effective without the carcinogenic of some automotive cleaners.

Latest posts

Top Bottom