best pig stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coorsman_ok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it seems those hogs are murder (no pun intended) on knives.

I've researched a bit online...fixed 6.5 in blade and full tang seems to be the common theme. Any brand recommendations?

When it comes to a pig sticker you just need a knife with a blade long enough to reach the heart when you stick him behind the shoulder. A 6 1/2"-7" blade is perfect. Randallss's first knife posted is perfect and a damn fine lookin blade I must say!

a nother one

Hey Randallss7 how does a guy go about purchasing one of your mighty fine blades??

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's two one is a alpha echo and the other is a 105 XL from Coye Knives image.jpg

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought one of those longer bayonets would work well, long enough to easily hit the heart and the thing at the hilt would keep your hand from sliding up and slicing a hand open. I cut myself a couple weeks ago and it sucked, I forgot how much the suture process hurt.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When it comes to a pig sticker you just need a knife with a blade long enough to reach the heart when you stick him behind the shoulder. A 6 1/2"-7" blade is perfect. Randallss's first knife posted is perfect and a damn fine lookin blade I must say!

Hey Randallss7 how does a guy go about purchasing one of your mighty fine blades??

sorry I missed this post, just send me a PM or email [email protected]

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A RAT-5 isn't a bad blade, I can't post a picture of it since I can't find the darn thing, I always end up losing it somehow even thing it's a large knife but I can keep up with this like turtle pendent CRKT though....... :smash:

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like this post and want to keep it going, I will play a game if there is enough intrest. Lets desighn a OSA pig stickert, I will make the knife and at the end of the game I will put all the usernames of the post into a hat draw the name and the knife goes to that user, (excluding fellow makers sorry) this can be witnessed however we decide. I will start by posting a drawing I did this morning, just a begining it can be tweeked along the way. Here are the rules I need in place to protect myself...lol. Blade will be made of 0-1 tool steel 1/4" thick or less, handle price will not exceed 50.00 my cost for raw materials sheath will be 8-9 oz tanned leather. step 1, get profile ironed out. I read threw the posts added a longer guard and added a thumb ramp with jimmping for a little extra leverage, blade length just over 7". There may be a lot of input and final decision will have to be decided by me I guess and what my abilities are of course. If you want in on the drawing but have no input thats great just make a post saying "i'm in" or something plesant... I'm not sure how this will take off, if at all, but I suspect there will be a lot of opinions, so lets not argue or be negitave towards others comments please.

[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Top Bottom