Best tactical pants? 5.11, Vertex? Where can I get me some?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Really I am looking for the best bang for the buck. I was in the military so like BDUs however I know there are plenty of you out there that have posted 5.11 deals, etc. What is your experience with these pants and where is the best place to buy them? I never tried any on so are they true to size? I am 40x32

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of 5.11's a few weeks ago, been very pleased with them. Fit well, wear well, sized accurately. Academy has them in stock.

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of 5.11's a few weeks ago, been very pleased with them. Fit well, wear well, sized accurately. Academy has them in stock.

I just bought a pair of 5.11 from academy last week. They were on sale for $40. I have only worn them once but they are well made and should last a while.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LA police gear has some ripstop ones on sale for 19.99 most of the time. For me that ran just a tad small. They are not bad at all if you just want them for running around. My favorite ones they do not make anymore. Woolrich used to make some canvass (i think) pants. They were really durable and had a bunch of room. I think they only make ripstop/lightweight now.

I forgot to add for the LA police gear ones I am 36x36 and the 36 waist was a bit too small and the 38 waist was slightly loose. In all honesty it could be I am between sizes too.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son in law bought another pair of 511 yesterday, they must be good as he was telling me how tough the first pair has held up! Said he got them at Academy.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both the 5.11 and Propper brand tac. pants.. I prefer the Propper brand. They come with a belt, they have an internal pocket in the back pockets to hold your wallet were it belongs instead of down below your butt cheek! oh and close to half the cost.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second LA police gear... They hold up well. 5.11's are nice too but don't seem to last any longer than the competition as far as durability goes.

tru-spec is nice too but about the same prices as 5.11.

Latest posts

Top Bottom