Best wonder-nine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm basically a revolver/1911 guy but am considering a 9mm hi-cap semi . What's the best value for the dollar out there these days ? Owned a Beretta 92 when they first came out and kept it about a month. It was a great shooter but seemed a might "clunky".
Looking for suggestions in sa/da not interested in a glock. I will be primarily a range gun. Looking for ease of disassembly and reliability, good sights,good warranty.
Most of you guys are 9mm shooters so I'll listen to all opinions. Please include the "why's" :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The most desirable these days are polymer,striker fired designs such as the Glock, S&W M&P, Walther PPQ, Springfield xD, etc. The best bet is to try as many as you can get your hands on (actual shooting is preferrable) and go from there. Plan to spend in the $450-$600 range for any of the quality options. I wouldn't shy away from a used one that was well maintained, as they tend to outlast most shooters.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for SA/DA, HK and Sig make fine guns. Love my P239, but it's not hicap, so I'm looking to add a P229 or P226.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Right now I can't think of a high capacity, sa/da, non "clunky" 9mm pistol.

To me all of the hi-cap, hammer fired, sa/da pistols are clunky compared to my favorite, which is the M&P line of striker fired, polymer pistols from S&W.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ SPO1. The most accurate 9mm I've shot...and I've shot a lot of different brands trying to find the "very best". Half the price of some of the "big name brands". Great range gun. Big, but has a nice feel. Heavy enough that it reduces recoil for fast follow-up shots. Comes with standard night sights.

For carry: Sig 226.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom