Best wonder-nine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SIG P226 was the first handgun I ever purchased, and it is, by far, the most reliable I've ever used--the only time I've ever gotten it to malfunction was when I was trying to figure out what it would take to get it to malfunction. It would even feed empty brass reliably.

I've owned autos made by S&W, Glock, H&K, Beretta, Colt, Kimber, Browning, Walther, and SIG-Sauer, and if I could only have one, it'd be that old P226, hands down, no question.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had a West German P226, and just never got to where I really liked it. I just didn't care for the feel of the gun.

My M&P Compact has ruined me for any other handguns for now, even S&W revolvers.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't noticed the Kahr CW9, but it's an inexpensive quality gun also. Just not a hi-cap.
Lieghton turned me onto a S&W 9 a few years back on one of the reseller sites.
Dang thing is a tank.
Great shooter, all steel, outlast your great grandkids.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Beretta Px4 and I love it. The way the action cycles feels so smooth compared to my other guns (glocks, xd's, etc.). Like HMCS mentioned I would get the SP01 if it was in my budget.

CZ SPO1. The most accurate 9mm I've shot...and I've shot a lot of different brands trying to find the "very best". Half the price of some of the "big name brands". Great range gun. Big, but has a nice feel. Heavy enough that it reduces recoil for fast follow-up shots. Comes with standard night sights.

For carry: Sig 226.

How much did you get your SP01 for?

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input guys ! Anyone know where in Tulsa I can look at a CZ?
Have owned and shot Hi-Powers before but am wanting sa/da. I've never even SEEN a CZ.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe someone said that Academy has a Turkish made clone of the CZ 75 for $299. I have read some good things about them and if you're looking for the best bang for the buck, that might be hard to beat. That might have been a Christmas price only, I don't know.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Beretta Px4 and I love it. The way the action cycles feels so smooth compared to my other guns (glocks, xd's, etc.). Like HMCS mentioned I would get the SP01 if it was in my budget.

How much did you get your SP01 for?

I believe it was around $530 on Buds LE site.

czcustom.com has them selling for $558 right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom