Best wonder-nine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got several of the most popular 'wonder-nines'...and they are all pretty decent guns...however one that I'm guilty of overlooking until this summer is the Ruger.

I'm not for sure just how many different models Ruger offers..but I bought an older P89 in excellent shape this summer..and it is really an impressive working/shooting pistol.

Personaly..Glock is the 9mm I've gone with...owning both a G17 and a G19 both older models with zero issues of brass to face like the late 3rd gen/4th gen Glocks might have.

From the guns I've owned and own..and guns others own that I've shot...probably be hard to buy a 'bad' wonder-nine pistol.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for FN. A FNX-9 is a "SIG for less". The only difference I can see is the polymer frame and a decocker that doesn't control the hammer descent instead of lowing via the decocker lever (as the SIG does.)

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still vote for Beretta...I have a few, but here is a pair (92A1 and M9A1) threaded and ready...

I like Berettas because they fit me very well and I shoot them well. They hold 21 rounds of 9mm, they are metal and have a decocker. They stay loaded with one in the chamber and hammer down...first pull is an intentional DA and then the next 20 are SA. Mine are all fitted with CT grips and the 92A1 has Trijicon sights as well. The A1 designates a rail for the TLR-1s.

For me, they are perfect:

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_photo_8_1_zps3387bea7.jpg

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man I just checked and I only found them for $578. Is $558-578 on par for the SP01 or does CZ mark it up on their own websites.

A couple days ago I saw a gunshop in Tennesse that had 92 brand new CZ 75 BD POLICE 9's for sale on gunbroker at $500 shipped. They sold all 92 in less than 2 days. I keep checking back just to see how quickly the quantity number was dropping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom