Big Eye Opener / Current Rig Count Overview & Summary Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow!... Just Wow!

Rig Count Overview & Summary Count 17 July, 2020
https://rigcount.bakerhughes.com/rig-count-overview

RigCount.JPG

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told this weekend from someone fairly in-the-know in statewide oil that there are currently EIGHT operating oil rigs in Oklahoma.

Not sure what the 'normal' number is or should be.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I was let go from Baker in April. Been looking hard for work ever since. Was a Well Site Geologist, now I'll probably be unloading trucks at Wal Mart. Just think for every rig down that's a loss of around 250 direct jobs, and probably a hundred more ancillary jobs. I have a bunch of management experience and have run my own company, but all hiring folks see is an "Oily". Tough times for sure!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep, I was let go from Baker in April. Been looking hard for work ever since. Was a Well Site Geologist, now I'll probably be unloading trucks at Wal Mart. Just think for every rig down that's a loss of around 250 direct jobs, and probably a hundred more ancillary jobs. I have a bunch of management experience and have run my own company, but all hiring folks see is an "Oily". Tough times for sure!
I think they are hiring for a door man at Night Trips lol
JK, sorry to hear your situation.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told this weekend from someone fairly in-the-know in statewide oil that there are currently EIGHT operating oil rigs in Oklahoma.

Not sure what the 'normal' number is or should be.

That's the number I heard in a meeting a couple of weeks ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom