Bills of Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave a bill of sale once, but never asked for one. When I sell a gun, which I do every now and then, I do not want to know anything more than required. Let's say, I sell a gun to someone, they resale it and eventually it kills someone. A bill of sale might be helpful in a civil case. On the other hand, I sale the gun to a someone, they kill somebody else with it. A bill of sale proves, I was the one that sold it to them and it did not go through several transactions, which could hurt in a civil case.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the bill of sale is notarized with both parties present at the time what good would it be in a court of law? I'm pretty sure anyone could say someone just forged it without a notary and any court would have no choice but to throw it out

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the bill of sale is notarized with both parties present at the time what good would it be in a court of law? I'm pretty sure anyone could say someone just forged it without a notary and any court would have no choice but to throw it out
Probably because you'd show it when they come a knocking at you door.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excuse it's fuzziness. It's a SW 637 Talo edition. Pretty neat.
Any tricks to keep it from getting fuzzy?
IMG_0451.JPG

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the seller, at the FTF, asked me to sign a bill of sale, I'd say that it wasn't mentioned in the ad. If the seller persists, I'd walk. The BOS is not legally required.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what is it I'd be showing? My statement was referencing the bill of sale should be notarized, don't recall saying Anything else
The Bill of sale obviously. I mean if they showed up at my place saying they somehow tracked a gun down to me that'd been used in a crime I'd just show them the bill if I had one asap. Don't think I could forge one right under their nose.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously, main point I was trying to make is anyone under the right circumstances could draw up a bill of sale with anyone else's name on it in their own free time, I was always told if you are going to have a bill of sale on something, for example a gun, car, or whatever, it has to be notarized

Latest posts

Top Bottom