Binoculars advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the best you can afford. I have several Steiner, Nikon, Vortex, Leica and Swarovski. For the money, Nikon Monarch 7’s are hard to beat. Absolute best pockets are the Leica ultravids and best binocular all’s round are my Swarovski EL’s.

What he said. Buy once cry once.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to 4th or 5th the Vortex. Also can't go wrong with the Leupold. Both great product for the price and great customer service. As a few others said, buy as expensive as you can afford. I have a 20 year old pair of 10x42 Bushnell's that have always been good to me and have no complaints. At that time they were about $400.ust not a glass snob. but i haven't been hunting Elk or Mulies either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to give a brand for recommendation.
I was looking to replace some binocs that I had since the early 70's I'd bought in a PX overseas.
Everybody has different vision. The auto focus or the one eye focus cannot correct every vision issue.
I went to a cabelas, told them my $$ amount I was willing to spend and ask them to put several on the counter to view.
It was obvious which was the best selection and I paid the price.
DO NOT look for optics of any kind for value, look for the best optic.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Polaris monocular and it is excellent. It even comes with a little tripod to mount on something to bird watch and such. I used to use it to meter read. It is very clear and the range is great. Cost about $70 on Amazon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom