Blood suckers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I was getting dressed after a shower last night, my girlfriend noticed a tick on my side, under my arm! Pretty small, and I saved it in the freezer in case I get sick. It REALLY surprised me considering how cold it’s been. Not sure if I picked it up at work(I was doing an electrical final in Midwest city by the river) or if one of my dogs brought it in... also saw some mosquitoes when I was out shooting in Blanchard on Sunday. I know we have a lot of outdoorsmen and women on here so I just wanted you all to be aware! It may be a bad one this year.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Greeeeeeat, I here I was hoping the cold we have had this winter would take care of the bulk of them!!!

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."
I was hoping it would buy us a week at least, but apparently not for me. I haven’t had a tick actually bite me in years! One of life’s many unpleasantries.:nolike:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I must be a tick magnet. Even this time of year I have been out working or playing in the brush and gotten covered. Two years ago was one of the worst, we quit counting when we hit 150 either dug in or still crawling. I go through more flea and tick shampoo than the dogs.
So far I've never had any health issues from them though.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a cousin that had his degree in biology. He was a hunter and one time got covered up in chiggers and was miserable. He did some checking and found that chiggers are a distant cousin to lice. So he grabbed a bottle of lice shampoo, got into the shower, smeared it all over, stood in there for 10 minutes, then he turned on the water and showered it all off. No more chiggers. That's his story anyway...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bengal ant and roach spray.
Active ingredient: permethrin 2.0% Kills other insects including crickets, spiders, silverfish and sowbugs. Spray behind sinks and baseboards, around doors and windows, behind and under refrigerators, cabinets and more. Net weight: 16 oz spray can

e7f5d524-0664-472c-b67c-da7f7a55d987.0fa047110dad1297512299370d2ed712.jpeg

No smell
I have used it on my clothing and socks when in the deep woods and came out tick free.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bengal ant and roach spray.
Active ingredient: permethrin 2.0% Kills other insects including crickets, spiders, silverfish and sowbugs. Spray behind sinks and baseboards, around doors and windows, behind and under refrigerators, cabinets and more. Net weight: 16 oz spray can

e7f5d524-0664-472c-b67c-da7f7a55d987.0fa047110dad1297512299370d2ed712.jpeg

No smell
I have used it on my clothing and socks when in the deep woods and came out tick free.
That stuff will seep into your system and make you crazy....Next thing you know you're driving around in a camo car full of rocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom