Bloomberg predicts riots over jobs day before planned Wall Street protest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes time to change the course of a supertanker. A conservative, small government candidate can begin to make a difference once in office and that difference can be magnified by subsequent office holders. The key in my mind, is getting the public to recognize the problem of big government.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, then you all are screwed. You regularly vote for Republicans who are owned body and soul by Big Business and Big Insurance.

Yet, the Democrats regulate small business people into bankruptcy.

Welcome to the Brave New World.

More reason to look into you the Tea Party!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tran, I actually have. My main issue with the Republican Party is their stance on Tort Reform. Obviously, I have a vested financial interest, but again, it's not as great as you might think as I have managed to move over 70% to Federal Court or out of state. Putting that on the shelf for just a second, the question I often ask here and which never seems to be answered is the following:

Many of you hard core Republicans are guys who do manual or semi-manual labor. You drive trucks, work construction, work factory jobs, drive vending routes, etc. If you are seriously hurt on the job, the reality is that you and your families will face financial ruin. If you get hurt by a bad doctor, or bad product, you will face financial ruin. Why do you keep electing people who are consistently limiting your rights to seek justice in the courts? Seriously, it's like there is no concept of self interest for you or your families.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wall Street Protest Growing

[Major Unions Join Wall Street Protest

The Teamsters Union and New York Transit Workers Union have thrown their support behind the Wall Street protests.

Alexander Higgins – reporting live from the protests – notes that United Airlines pilots marched in the protest wearing their full pilot uniforms

Protests Spreading World-Wide

The protests are spreading world-wide. There are now purportedly 80+ copycat protests planned world-wide, including London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, Las Vegas and many other locations.]

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/09/wall-street-protest-growing.html

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/09/wall-street-protest-growing.html

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB Books said:
Many of you hard core Republicans are guys who do manual or semi-manual labor. You drive trucks, work construction, work factory jobs, drive vending routes, etc. If you are seriously hurt on the job, the reality is that you and your families will face financial ruin. If you get hurt by a bad doctor, or bad product, you will face financial ruin. Why do you keep electing people who are consistently limiting your rights to seek justice in the courts? Seriously, it's like there is no concept of self interest for you or your families.

Most of us hard core conservatives don't believe in suing people. That's what insurance is for.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how some people like to claim Republicans are owned by big business, but if you look at the left they are no better. Just different businesses.

I do agree big business and big government are a lot of what is wrong with this country, but so are big legal and big labor, big special interest, etc, etc. Somewhere along the way the average working person has been forgotten by all those claiming to be looking out for them. Now all that matters is lining their own pockets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom