Bloomberg predicts riots over jobs day before planned Wall Street protest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, then you all are screwed. You regularly vote for Republicans who are owned body and soul by Big Business and Big Insurance.

Yet, the Democrats regulate small business people into bankruptcy.

Welcome to the Brave New World.

Somebody forgot about Ron Paul. If we would elect him we might not be screwed, or at least less so. The media seems to not want him elected though so they are steering the sheep in a different direction to keep the Government moving in the same direction. I doubt Paul will be elected there are too many rich and powerful people making sure that wont happen for their personal benefit.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, believe or not, I agree with you. However, when you allow regular working folks to be denied access to the justice system, you are actually giving up freedom.

I love how some people like to claim Republicans are owned by big business, but if you look at the left they are no better. Just different businesses.

I do agree big business and big government are a lot of what is wrong with this country, but so are big legal and big labor, big special interest, etc, etc. Somewhere along the way the average working person has been forgotten by all those claiming to be looking out for them. Now all that matters is lining their own pockets.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, believe or not, I agree with you. However, when you allow regular working folks to be denied access to the justice system, you are actually giving up freedom.

Who said anything about denying it to them? Just fix it so that is a justice system instead of the legal system we have now. As things stand now the only real winners are big business and the lawyers. For the most part everyone else gets screwed.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody forgot about Ron Paul. If we would elect him we might not be screwed, or at least less so. The media seems to not want him elected though so they are steering the sheep in a different direction to keep the Government moving in the same direction. I doubt Paul will be elected there are too many rich and powerful people making sure that wont happen for their personal benefit.

We would be just as screwed. Not only is Paul just another politician, unless he got a lot of Libertarians in congress, he would be pretty much a lame duck from the start.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of us hard core conservatives don't believe in suing people. That's what insurance is for.

Insurance companies don't give a crap about anything except collecting your premiums and denying your benefits.

What about when the insurance company won't do the right thing?

Attorneys aren't any better. Unless it's a motherlode case they will sit on it 'til they can't sit on it anymore and then try to convince their client to drop the case because they "won't be able to convince a jury they are really hurt".

Spare me the "oh we're here to help YOU" nonsense, please.

Government (Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Tea Party, etc.), Big Business, Lawyers, JBTs (okay, these guys should probably be under "government" to because they are the revenue generators), Doctors, Indian Chiefs ... they are all the same ... it's all about the benjamins ...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who said anything about denying it to them? Just fix it so that is a justice system instead of the legal system we have now. As things stand now the only real winners are big business and the lawyers. For the most part everyone else gets screwed.

Actually, this is just false.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, then why hire one in the first place? Your assertion is just wrong. The fact is that it is more often the clients who believe they have a "motherlode case" and have completely unrealistic expectations. Add that to the fact that most folks have drunk the insurance company koolaid about how everyone is a malingerer and giving awards raise everyone's rates, and it's just plain an uphill battle.

And as for the "we're here to help you nonsense", what other profession do you basically get someone to work for free with only the potentiality of being paid? Of course, we are here to turn a profit. What's wrong with that? It's our JOB. It's how we make a living. Do you begrudge the doctor his fee or paying an auto mechanic to repair your car?

Insurance companies don't give a crap about anything except collecting your premiums and denying your benefits.

Attorneys aren't any better. Unless it's a motherlode case they will sit on it 'til they can't sit on it anymore and then try to convince their client to drop the case because they "won't be able to convince a jury they are really hurt".

Spare me the "oh we're here to help YOU" nonsense, please.

Government (Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Tea Party, etc.), Big Business, Lawyers, JBTs (okay, these guys should probably be under "government" to because they are the revenue generators), Doctors, Indian Chiefs ... they are all the same ... it's all about the benjamins ...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The protestors ... seem to disagree on what they are doing. Seems to me all they are accomplishing is blocking traffic and making a mess. If they want to accomplish something go volunteer at the local food bank, or homeless shelter. They can't even agree on what it is they are protesting about.

You're talking about the GOP presidential candidates, right?

:P

Latest posts

Top Bottom