Blue Jean Rivets touching gun-Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got several pairs of jeans that have those metal rivets right where my slide rides. It doesn't necessarily scratch the slide but it wears on the finish. Has anyone had this happen or know of any remedies?
You're an idiot if you say "Buy new jeans" or "change your carry position"
Just wanted to clear that up.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Iwant1, yes I have had the same problem with some jeans. I wear a holster with quite a bit of rake to it and sometimes the metal rivets on the pockets will mark the slide. I always consider my firearm a tool and therefore dont give it a second thought.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a hard time coming to the realization that my baby is going to get "used" if I'm well..using it like I should. I was just wondering if someone had something to maybe cover them up.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a hard time coming to the realization that my baby is going to get "used" if I'm well..using it like I should. I was just wondering if someone had something to maybe cover them up.

Yea... a bigger holster. I wear Wranglers 7 days a week... and have never had a rivet rub my guns. Because I use a full holster of some sort... and IWB most of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom