Bobcat cage traps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.cagingbobcats.com/index.php?page=22

Ordered these from him. Had buddies that did likewise. Think Okie45/70 was getting ready to order some. This guy is the real deal and very nice to deal with. Very knowledgeable and eager to help, give suggestions, etc. Researched a ton before buying and have not had one lick of trouble with these. They are simple, and when it is time to put them to rest they will spoon like you and your ms.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey why do you need some? There are no bobcats down there!

Haha! Not on deer_slayer's place there isn't! That's probably from all the guided hunts I sell on his place when he is out of town! ;)

Those are the exact ones I was looking at justin. Glad to hear good word about them. Reckon I'll spend the money on them right now, as opposed to an inflated firearm.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just make sure they're tall enough, I prefer 18" or taller, width doesn't seem to matter. I have caught a couple in a 15" tall one that I have, but last year there were several times where I saw cat tracks around it in the snow or mud. Doesn't seem to happen with the taller ones. Prefer one with a cable from the pan to door, or if it has a metal trip rod, try to make sure it's on the out side of the cage, a coon will turn that rod into a pretzel. Going to try some from Cali that justin_h635 referred to. I made three of these last year, had to add some smaller wire around the back to keep coons and grinners from just reaching thru the sides, about $45 a piece to make them. They're 20" tall, 12" wide and 42" long. Things I would change if I were going to make more: Put the trip pan closer to the door, cat's will lunge forward when spooked, and make them 9 or 10" wide.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_1541693751_photobucket_126501_.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A little edit to above, I'm not big on brushing them in as some people are. I want the cat to see it and come investigate. I've tried both, and no greater success with it brushed in. I do hang a duck wing, a mason jar lid, old CD or some video/cassette tape over it as a visual to get the cat over the trap. Duck carcass or partial carcass wired in the back.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! :saywhat:Roosta - several of your customers have commented to me about how nice the lodging was too. Your fees are reasonable and the deer are fat. I am glad you are making a killing at my expense:pms2: I suppose you are selling pig hunts tooooooo????? How about seasoned firewood??:doh: Don't forget to sell the timber while you are at it:rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom