Boehner: If senate passes, house will consider gun control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The House will "consider” gun control legislation if passed by the Senate, House speaker John Boehner said today.

"I’ve made clear if the Senate acts on gun control legislation, the House will consider it,” Boehner said on Meet the Press. But he also emphasized that the crucial issue was ensuring those who are mentally ill don’t have access to guns.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...nsider-gun-control-legislation-katrina-trinko

Well, well, well...

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us contacted our U.S. Representatives to ask them to support the Stockman-Broun Letter:

...the Stockman-Broun letter which asks Speaker Boehner to keep gun control from coming to the floor unless it's supported by a majority of the Republican caucus -- 117 Republican representatives.

I would be very interested to know which of the Oklahoma Reps signed the letter. My hunch is few or none. I never heard back from Lucas.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to redouble our efforts to call Tom Coburn to please not pass UBC. This is it.
Also, if UBC passes or anything like it passes, I am voting strictly third party from now on. The GOP will be dead to me.

:)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came to the realization a while ago that it doesn't matter who we vote for we are not going to get represented fairly. These fools In Washington are only in it for themselves. Coburn had already sold us out. He will vote for UBC. His secretary already said that he supports it. Nothing is going to change his mind. And the fact that he isn't running again means he doesn't have anything to hold back. He isn't worried about reelection. Our elected officials are not going to keep us from having our rights infringed upon. The only way to keep what we for is to fight. Do you really believe they will stop at just UBC? They will keep fighting until we don't have a 2A. That is their ultimate goal. The only ones that can insure that that doesn't happen is to stand up to them and not let it happen. I'll be D'd if I sit back and do nothing while our rights are infringed upon.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In politics, money talks. PLease consider contributing to the NRA, GOA and SAF.
Maybe the cost of 100 pistol or rifle rounds to each, over a year?
So like 50 bucks each or something.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Madness. Every one of those guys has to run for reelection in '14. If GOP voters conclude the party won't even fight for its base and protect it on its highest-priority issues, then they will just stay home, as a fair number already did for the squish nominee in '12. That will guarantee the loss of the House next year, and perhaps also the demise of the Republican party in national politics. Not at all far-fetched that this could happen.

The absolute best thing the House GOP could do is flatly refuse to hear any gun control measures in this climate. The second best thing they could do is attach national concealed carry reciprocity to every gun control bill they do take up.

What shifts momentum in your favor is acting like a winner. Actually say "No" to the left. Win a couple of winnable battles for a change and see how that works out for you.

I think these Senators and Reps are in genuine denial about just how close they are to destroying their party. People want some reassurance that it is still possible to oppose the left effectively in this country through regular politics. To deny them that, by caving on gun control when the GOP controls the House, would send a clear message that it's no longer possible. Then why bother participating in the GOP in national elections?

It would be incredibly corrosive if millions of people started drawing that conclusion in this already polarized political climate.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to redouble our efforts to call Tom Coburn to please not pass UBC. This is it.
Also, if UBC passes or anything like it passes, I am voting strictly third party from now on. The GOP will be dead to me.

:)

I specifically asked a state rep to get with other state reps and officially ask Coburn to stop supporting the passage of UBC's, records retention or no. He as much as said that Coburn will do what Coburn will do, and that he pretty much doesn't listen to anyone.

I have authored changes to the Rogers Co. GOP platform which state unequivocally that UBC's are an opening gambit to gun registration and that any such measure should be opposed. It along with several other amendments that strengthen the pro-gun language of the platform passed unanimously yesterday at the county convention. I will be sending this to Coburn this week. I've also requested to be on the State GOP platform committee, so I can make sure my pro-gun platform amendments will be adopted statewide.

I was also elected as the Rogers Co. 1st District Committeeman on Saturday, so anyone who has something they'd like passed on to Rep. Bridenstine can PM me. I may not be able to make one bit of difference, but it won't be for lack of trying! :boxing3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom