Boehner: If senate passes, house will consider gun control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I specifically asked a state rep to get with other state reps and officially ask Coburn to stop supporting the passage of UBC's, records retention or no. He as much as said that Coburn will do what Coburn will do, and that he pretty much doesn't listen to anyone.

I have written and faxed at least 6 different letters to Coburn's D.C. office. I've asked him to to respond personally and I feel it's fallen on deaf ears. So I'm inclined to agree with your state rep especially after seeing him on the Sunday show a couple of weeks ago. His mannerism and attitude was just exactly like what your state rep said, at least that's my impression. I told him that I saw it as a possible method to register gun owners not the guns themselves (no it isn't in and of itself, but who knows what the ATF could be ordered to do by this administration). I'm sure when he read that he thought I was just some right wing nut job. He's done some good up there, but it's time for him to go. :twocents:

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I specifically asked a state rep to get with other state reps and officially ask Coburn to stop supporting the passage of UBC's, records retention or no. He as much as said that Coburn will do what Coburn will do, and that he pretty much doesn't listen to anyone.

I have authored changes to the Rogers Co. GOP platform which state unequivocally that UBC's are an opening gambit to gun registration and that any such measure should be opposed. It along with several other amendments that strengthen the pro-gun language of the platform passed unanimously yesterday at the county convention. I will be sending this to Coburn this week. I've also requested to be on the State GOP platform committee, so I can make sure my pro-gun platform amendments will be adopted statewide.

I was also elected as the Rogers Co. 1st District Committeeman on Saturday, so anyone who has something they'd like passed on to Rep. Bridenstine can PM me. I may not be able to make one bit of difference, but it won't be for lack of trying! :boxing3:

Just wanted to thank you for taking action and trying to make a difference, I wish we had more like you

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I'd hoped Boehner would hold the line. I feel abandoned. I guess being sold out by more than half the gun owners in America (including 60% of NRA members) turns the Republican barking dogs in DC into Pillsbury Doughboys when it comes to gun control. Soft in the middle and light weight. No principles. No character. Blown about by every wind of doctrine.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's politics first and foremost. The Speaker feels pressure to "do something." So he says no but by pointing his finger at somebody else. "I would allow this to be heard in the House but what's the point? It will never pass in the Senate. If and when the Senate actually passes something, then I'll consider allowing it on the floor of the House."

Gives him political cover to say it wasn't his fault. That crazy Senate never even passed anything. Given past history... that's a pretty fair bet. At the very least, it gives him cover to refuse a floor vote on the more radical ideas.

I still don't think Senator Coburn is going to go all the way on UBC's. He was just in the news last week opposing them for private sales. Which was leading to Democrats "looking for some other Republican to go along with their ideas." He's a wily guy, I think he just wanted to be in the room. Plus he is very concerned about former military with PTSD being disallowed their rights to own guns.

True enough, he is his own man. And he is a doctor. If he truly believed some type of new gun control would lower the level of violence in our society, he would probably go for it. But... IMO... he hasn't seen such a piece of legislation yet. He's a skeptic about large government programs. He's not going to vote for something just for appearances. I could be wrong... it wouldn't be the first time. But I'll consider Coburn a solid friend until his vote shows me otherwise!

Gregg

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have authored changes to the Rogers Co. GOP platform which state unequivocally that UBC's are an opening gambit to gun registration and that any such measure should be opposed. It along with several other amendments that strengthen the pro-gun language of the platform passed unanimously yesterday at the county convention. I will be sending this to Coburn this week. I've also requested to be on the State GOP platform committee, so I can make sure my pro-gun platform amendments will be adopted statewide.

I was also elected as the Rogers Co. 1st District Committeeman on Saturday, so anyone who has something they'd like passed on to Rep. Bridenstine can PM me. I may not be able to make one bit of difference, but it won't be for lack of trying! :boxing3:
Thanks GTG for what you do.
PLease tell Bridenstine that if anything goes through Congress, he needs to consider going third party, since IMHO, many folks will never touch the GOP again, at least in OK. I will call and tell this to the senators and Congressman as well when I make my weekly calls.
:)

darth_ted_82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Capital Hill is simply lacking in guts and sacks all around and proliferated with selfish cronyism. Very dangerous combination to be supporting the world's greatest country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom