Brake checked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a front and rear cam system when protestors were surrounding cars so I would have proof I had reason to run them over.
I haven't needed it for any reason but it's peace of mind.
Mine tends to eat SD cards, but other than that it's OK.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always hated driving in DFW traffic (even 20-30 years ago), because if you try to leave a car length space in front of ya, some idiot will pull into it.
:drunk2:
That is just how the drive in Texas. They don’t mess around, lol. If there is an opening, everyone’s expectations are that someone is going to fill it. Everyone knows that and are considerate with it. In Oklahoma on the other hand, filling a gap is a road rage incident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one for my work truck since My rear view mirror inside was blocked with the camper shell I had. I mounted that rear camera just above my tag and the next week in Jonesborough AR a guy hit me from behind while I was stopped at a red light. I had been stopped for about 5 seconds then WHAM! When the light turned green he followed me through the intersection and I turned into the McDonalds. He, kept going. I turned and chased the guy a bit trying for a tag. He was running stop signs and speeding through a residential area so after about a minute I returned to the McD's, looked at my bent bumper and called the police. I told them I was armed then explained I was the victim of a hit and run and had the video if they wanted it. I told them I gave chase to get a tag but terminated after the guy was speeding and running the stop signs. Cops made out a white sheet and looked around for the guy but didn't find him. BTW the cop liked my XDM 45 and told me he was thinking about getting one and looking at mine made his decision to get it.

I have since transferred the dashcam to my truck and like it a lot. As mentioned above it makes me more cautious and a better driver to keep any incidents that happen the other guy's fault. The video screen replaces the rearview mirror with a wide angle and really helps me see cars in adjacent lanes in my blind spots.

I need to run my wire permanently drilling a hole through my cab's floor but haven't had the opportunity to get it up on a stand or a lift to see where to drill. Then I'm going to armor the cable under the truck strapping it to the frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom