Brought a Swede home today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya I thought about that. but then I would have spent almost what my Lee Loader cost me and after 20 rounds that's it. I'll bide my time shooting the Type 53's and Satan's K98 if the mailman doesn't bring me some good news by Saturday morning.

If you can find some, pick up some of the surplus ammo to use as "control" ammo for your reload testing. The surplus ammo was manufactured by Norma and is very high quality stuff. It's gotten very difficult to find and I wish I had bought a bunch when it more readily available.

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y204_kenk0919_img_1149jpg.jpg

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love me some Swedes! You will too.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_Swedes_Swedes2.jpg
Love that carbine! In the mid 1990s I had a M96 and a M38, and I always thought one of those carbines "sporterized" would be the perfect gun. Back then you could buy the rifles--both 96s and 38s--for less than $150, and I foolishly thought that they would always be available at that price. Mine are long gone. Nice guns you have there. Thanks for sharing!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love that carbine! In the mid 1990s I had a M96 and a M38, and I always thought one of those carbines "sporterized" would be the perfect gun. Back then you could buy the rifles--both 96s and 38s--for less than $150, and I foolishly thought that they would always be available at that price. Mine are long gone. Nice guns you have there. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Perplexed has the really purdy M41 and FSR rifles as well as an M94 but these are my humble Swede offerings. My M94 is a story in itself and I will forever thank my brother for stumbling across it in a pawnshop and getting it for an absolutely screaming deal. The 94s are really neat since they pack the great 6.5x55 in they size of the average .22 rifle. Many were cut up and sporterized in the 60s and I can certainly see why- they made a super little hunting gun. But that's made the originals skyrocket in price.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice tiger-striping.
Swedes are amazingly accurate rifles. I have several and would never dream of selling even one.
That scope is icing on the cake!
And if you love Swedes, you'll love the Swiss rifles too.
The addiction is addicting.

Ran across a fella trying to trade a 6.5x55 SWISS rifle. I asked him "Swiss or Swede?" He insisted Swiss. Six and a half.....seven and a half.......close enough.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can find some, pick up some of the surplus ammo to use as "control" ammo for your reload testing. The surplus ammo was manufactured by Norma and is very high quality stuff. It's gotten very difficult to find and I wish I had bought a bunch when it more readily available.

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y204_kenk0919_img_1149jpg.jpg

Yes I now have a reason to attend gun shows. Like I need one lol.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rifle is very accurate and sweet to shoot but I am contemplating trading it for something else. If anyone has any military rifles or pistols(preferrably WW2 era) let me know. I would rather do a FTF than mess with shipping. I may contemplate an SKS if its not a yugo.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rifle is very accurate and sweet to shoot but I am contemplating trading it for something else. If anyone has any military rifles or pistols(preferrably WW2 era) let me know. I would rather do a FTF than mess with shipping. I may contemplate an SKS if its not a yugo.

trade value?

Latest posts

Top Bottom