Bud's Gun Shop - Never again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm serious! After 20 years of dealing with guns and related gun sh*t, I think I am burnt out. I haven't seen anything come down the pike lately that really blows my skirt up anyway. :ugh2:

The thrill is gone. Once I get this G37, I'm done with this buying/selling/trading ********. Sick of it. :scream:

I'm going to raise the GED BS flag... :)

take up a new hobby with guns. Grip making... gun smithing... there is a lot more behind the curtain if you so choose.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is kind of a high-jack but not really. When/Why did you decide on the G37? I thought you were going with the G23? How do you go from looking at a 23 to a full size 37 for off duty/conceal carry.

curious me

Read the post above yours. I'm done.

Actually, there were several reasons.

I wanted the G37 because it was a weapon and caliber that was created by Glock. Silly reason, I know :screwy: but I think it's kinda like the ultimate Glock. Sorta like a Colt 1911 in .45ACP, a Smith & Wesson 4006 in .40 S&W or a Sig Sauer 229 in .357 SIG or even a Bren Ten in 10mm. These are all the original weapons that these cartridges/chamberings were created for.

I also thought it was kinda silly to buy a used gun for more than I could get a new gun for. The used 2nd gen G23 was $403 shipped. The new G37 was $379 shipped.

I also wanted a .45 caliber pistol and the G21 just does not fit my fist. :disappoin

Lastly, the full size grip fits my hand better than the mid-size Glocks. My pinky hangs off the end of a G23.

Some of you may say, "why Glock? Why not something else?" Because after totin' one for almost 20 years, nothing else feels "right" in my hand. I'm not saying that the Glock feels "good" I'm just saying that nothing else out there feels "right" in my hand like a Glock.

I know. :screwy:

DrJeff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have purchased through Bud's before. My experience was a good one, but I agree that the customer service was lacking. If you call in, there is generally a good wait to get a person. The person on the other end does not generally seem that enthused to help as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a "chipper" person on the other end, just someone who might be glad that I am doing business with them. :bighug:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have purchased through Bud's before. My experience was a good one, but I agree that the customer service was lacking. If you call in, there is generally a good wait to get a person. The person on the other end does not generally seem that enthused to help as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a "chipper" person on the other end, just someone who might be glad that I am doing business with them. :bighug:

Yeah, I always start off a phone conversation with a nice, "hey, how ya doin'?" and it seems like they were kinda like, "yeah...whatever." :rolleyes2

But here's the thing...I can even deal with ****** customer service. My main complaint is why has my gun sat there in the shipping department since last Wednesday? They have my money as well as my FFL's address...what in the :censored: are they waiting for? :anyone: Send the damned thing already! :pissed:

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bud's probably sells more guns in a week, than most shops do in a year. There's going to be one that falls through the cracks from time to time. It may also explain the less-than-mom-and-pop-shop feel regarding customer service. Just out of curiosity, why pay by money order? CC is quicker, can be tracked, and can also be cancelled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom