building my first AR-15 Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the AR pistols. When I put the Mako magwell grip on the 5.56, I was told that it could not be there. I emailed Mako and they sent me a copy of the ATF letter saying it was ok.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_photobucket_6251_1324563954689.jpg

9mm
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_photobucket_2863_1327015159220.jpg

I like. 2 thumbs up.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still see limited application for the pistol ar. 100 yard hits on steel... Great. I can do that with my 16" ar with more velocity and energy. Inside a house or vehicle for maneuverability... Meh. In a house I want my shotgun and inside a vehicle I guess an ar pistol is ok, but the ballistics still suck. I'd still rather have a stock for the pure ease shooting and not having to dick with getting a comfortable chin weld. And I have picked one up, gotten behind one, tried different techniques and positions. Regurgitating what some tactical armchair operator said on the Internet or watching videos of Rob Pincus on YouTube is all great and good, but doing it yourself is far better. "But Arfcom says..." Turn off the computer, and go to the range.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rob Pincus has YouTube videos on the AR pistol!! Top off my coffee baby I know how im going to spend my morning. I need to get my pistol out and dress up in my tac gear while I watch. Has anyone seen my tactical vest?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still see limited application for the pistol ar. 100 yard hits on steel... Great. I can do that with my 16" ar with more velocity and energy. Inside a house or vehicle for maneuverability... Meh. In a house I want my shotgun and inside a vehicle I guess an ar pistol is ok, but the ballistics still suck. I'd still rather have a stock for the pure ease shooting and not having to dick with getting a comfortable chin weld. And I have picked one up, gotten behind one, tried different techniques and positions. Regurgitating what some tactical armchair operator said on the Internet or watching videos of Rob Pincus on YouTube is all great and good, but doing it yourself is far better. "But Arfcom says..." Turn off the computer, and go to the range.

I started messing with pistols when I got bored with AR15s. I have been shooting ARs for a little over 25 years. The same ole, same ole get old after a while. It is fun to hame some guns just for fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom