Buying first pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrashKing405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, found me a nice .45ACP Hi-Point, $150 OTD. I DO plan on getting something better down the road, maybe in 6-8 months. I've heard guns are like tattoos, once you get one, you want more, and I already have 1 tattoo ;)

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KrashKing405 said:
Well, found me a nice .45ACP Hi-Point, $150 OTD. I DO plan on getting something better down the road, maybe in 6-8 months. I've heard guns are like tattoos, once you get one, you want more, and I already have 1 tattoo ;)

So, you could not spend more on the gun but can afford the more expensive .45 ammo vs going with a 9mm? This thread is a winner.

Last edited:

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the people who say "isn't your life worth more than 200 dollars?". So I assume that their life is only worth 300-600 dollars? Why not have a 1100 dollar desert eagle? why not have a 3000+ dollar custom Les Baer? Isnt your life worth more than 300-600 dollars?

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roachjuice said:
I like the people who say "isn't your life worth more than 200 dollars?". So I assume that their life is only worth 300-600 dollars? Why not have a 1100 dollar desert eagle? why not have a 3000+ dollar custom Les Baer? Isnt your life worth more than 300-600 dollars?

Well that's NOT a good point. Quality difference between a gun costing 200 and one that cost 600 is huge. Nice try tho. :)

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that's NOT a good point. Quality difference between a gun costing 200 and one that cost 600 is huge. Nice try tho. :)

how is it not a good point? the more expensive guns must be WAYYYY better than the 600 dollar gun correct? the quality difference in a 600 dollar gun and a les baer are huge. personally i think the hi point is the BEST cheap pistol out there hands down. its accurate and reliable (once the mag is corrected). what more do you want out of a 200 dollar pistol? so what its heavy. so what its ugly. doesnt meant it cant do the job. :thumb:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roachjuice said:
how is it not a good point? the more expensive guns must be WAYYYY better than the 600 dollar gun correct? the quality difference in a 600 dollar gun and a les baer are huge. personally i think the hi point is the BEST cheap pistol out there hands down. its accurate and reliable (once the mag is corrected). what more do you want out of a 200 dollar pistol? so what its heavy. so what its ugly. doesnt meant it cant do the job. :thumb:

Enjoy your opinion. I won't protect my family with that kind of quality. I will agree the HP is the best cheap pistol. That officially makes it the best POS on the market.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoy your opinion. I won't protect my family with that kind of quality. I will agree the HP is the best cheap pistol. That officially makes it the best POS on the market.
right back at ya buddy :thumb: the statement "is your life really worth xxx dollars?" is retarded. the point i was trying to make is if i owned a 900 dollar kimber and i said "is your life really only worth 500 dollars?" that would make me a snob.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roachjuice said:
right back at ya buddy :thumb: the statement "is your life really worth xxx dollars?" is retarded. the point i was trying to make is if i owned a 900 dollar kimber and i said "is your life really only worth 500 dollars?" that would make me a snob.

Your point has not been made yet. Keep defending one of the worst guns on the market. It's making you look real smart. This has nothing to do with money, it is about the quality and reliability of a firearm. If they are so good and cheap, why doesn't law enforcement carry them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom